Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Brechfa – can anyone local update me on the forestry works there please?
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

There was a thread last year called ‘bye bye Brechfa’ that if I remember correctly was a bit of a storm in a teacup. Heading that way for a family holiday in March, does anyone know if Gorlech and Raven trails are all open for business as normal?

Thanks in advance

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Not a storm in a tea cup at all, a large section of the Gorlech trail will disappear when the start building the wind farm in the Autumn.

As far as I know, currently the trails are open as usual.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, sounds like I might be okay in March then

Bit of a bump for daytime peeps.

rusty90
    Free Member

All open as Matt says. There’s a diversion on a small bit of the Red due to a landslide but that should be fixed by March. There’s some work due to be done to clear infected larch in various places but no dates or details known at the moment. No firm date for the windfarm work yet either.
    It’s all a bit wet at the moment, but that’s not really a surprise!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Cheers, just wanted to make sure I can head up there, do Raven and Gorlech linked together for a decent length ride that’s all handily marked out for me without having to think too much about where I’m going 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa – can anyone local update me on the forestry works there please?’ is closed to new replies.