Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brechfa, 25/26/27th, anyone fancy a ride ?
  • weeksy

I’m over that way in St Davids and have free time to get out on any/all the 3 days.

Anyone fancy riding around Brechfa ? or anywhere over that way for an XC ride is cool too.

weeksy

Weekend bump

weeksy

LAst bump

Anyone have a review of Brechfa then ? looking like poor weather at weekend so it’s either XC around St Davids area or out to Brechfa for me.

luke1688

Spent a few days riding over there last year mate. There’s no facilities other than porta-loos.some good pubs nearby though. Make sure you check out the blue, it’s fun ridden flat out and is only a short loop. The raven which iirc is the black is pretty challenging but an awesome ride, then the red trail is based from another car park but again is a fun ride. Hope that helps! Have a good one

chrispo
    Free Member

I don’t know if I can get out next weekend or not at this stage, but you could ask the local clubs on Facebook if anyone wants to go out and you may get some takers:

http://www.facebook.com/sarnhelencyclingclub
    http://www.facebook.com/BrechfaBC

What kind of ride are you after? Fast/slow, trail/natural, scary/easy, long/short?

weeksy

I don’t have a Facebook account.

My perception is fast… others may disagree, i’m a half decent XC rider and have done OK in Gorricks.

Don’t mind the terrain, but not great on massive jumps.

Long would suit me better up to a max of 6 hours ideally.

chrispo
    Free Member

Have posted it on FB on your behalf 🙂
    With luck someone will contact you here

Nipper99
    Free Member

Was there yesterday – do the green, the blue and the green from the Brechfa end (you can add a bit of the black on Rhandir Gini as you come back to the blue descent aswell) which makes a loop of 4/5 hours.

davethecave
    Free Member

There is a sign at Sifigwm denying access to the forest for the whole of the bank holiday weekend. The map wasn’t very clear but it would appear that the whole of the Red Gorlech route will be closed. I am not sure about the black / green / blue trails.

It looks like this is happening

Nipper99
    Free Member

oops – should have said the green the blue and the red.

chrispo
    Free Member

Official word is that all trails are open all weekend. There will just be some vintage motorbikes using one fireroad on the Saturday.

My best tip for a full day out at Brechfa is go out on the Black, go round the Red, and come back on the Black (3-5 hours), then do the less technical but still fun Green/Blue loop (1 hour) if you still have enough puff.

Alternatively do the red and the black separately with lunch inbetween.

All the trails are fun and the black isn’t very black.

weeksy

thanks mate. leaving later and will decide on riding day based upon weather.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa, 25/26/27th, anyone fancy a ride ?’ is closed to new replies.