Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brecfha
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

Is the black run do-able on a 80mm full suss. It be the 1st time i be doing brecfha and doing it on my stag weekend!

steveh

Yes all of it. It’s doable on a hardtail!

njee20
    Free Member

Easily. I was really surprised it wasn’t more technical actually. I did however think the blue/green was more fun, lots of very fast flowing stuff.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

ok, thinking of doing afan on sat and brecfa on the sun, do 3 of the trails at each i reckon, if got 7 hours to do it. or is that to much of a stretch

sharki
    Free Member

It’s a big BMX track, so doable on a ridged.

singlespeedstu

No you’ll die unless your on a MBR recomended trailbike*.

*many not be true in the world outside of MBR.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

going to be interesting on my new project – 1997 proflex beast

Taff
    Free Member

1997 Beast… an awesome bike capable of much more than just Brechfa!

Course it’s do-able on an 80mm full sus. I do it on a 80mm HT and my brother in law does it on 100mm albeit twice the speed of me.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

cool, cant wait to get my proflex frame and start the project. is all 3 trails do-able in 7 hours at afan. then the same at bechfa

njee20
    Free Member

is all 3 trails do-able in 7 hours at afan. then the same at bechfa

Depends how fast you are! It’s about 56 miles, so if you’re pretty quick then it won’t be that difficult, not to be underestimated though. W2 and Penhydd used to be a better ride IMO, there’s a lot of fireroad on Skyline, but that’s not an option at the moment!

At Brechfa the red goes from somewhere totally different to the black/blue/green, but the latter 3 are all doable in a couple of hours. Not done the red, think it’s a lot longer than the others.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

At Brechfa the red goes from somewhere totally different to the black/blue/green, but the latter 3 are all doable in a couple of hours. Not done the red, think it’s a lot longer than the others.

Look at a trail map you can link them all quite easily I believe… 80k+ for the Raven/Derwent/Gorlech combo IIRC.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brecfha’ is closed to new replies.