Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Breathable Light weight waterproof.
  • DaveE

Looking for a breathable lightweight waterproof jacket.
    Looking at endura MTR but what are alternatives

nixon
    Free Member

Not an alternative but a shout out for the Endura MTR, it’s a great jacket, does everything it says on the tin and looks good doing it.

Alternative wise the Altura equivalent gets good reviews as well, can’t remember the name sorry.

DaveE

Nixon, That’s pretty much what I was thinking Endura stopping black MTR apparently.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dbcooper
    Free Member

I bought a Keela Saxon after reading a recommendation in this thread, and realising a riding buddy already had one and seriously rates it. So far on commutes in the rain it has been excellent. Very light, breathable.

shredder
    Free Member

Another Endura MTR here very good jacket.

highlandman
    Free Member

Although other Endura stuff like tops and jackets fit me well in medium, I found the shape of the MTR very slim indeed, sleeves and shoulders uncomfortably narrow and the jacket is very short at the front. Try before you buy. 5’11” and 12 stone/76kg.
    Keela stuff works.

DaveE

Thanks for the tip.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Pace 3×3 – £99 for an event jacket.

http://pacecycles.easyspaceshops.com/PACE-3×3-eVENT-Mens-Jacket

Have one and it is pretty good and quite lightweight

bearGrease

Montane Minimus – very light yet very water resistant with a reasonable price.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a Scott Vikos, bought in a sale.

It’s more at the waterproof end of the scale, than breathable, as I’ve had too many the other way round and end up colder & wetter.

It’s actually really good, fits me well, keeps me dry & it’s not a boil in the bag horror story. It squashes down into something the size of a coke can.

Just did a Google & it’s not cheap though, unless you can find one in a sale.

toofarwest

Awaiting delivery of a Showers Pass Elite 2.1 if you can stretch your budget a bit. Recommended on here by a few people and 20% off at Always Riding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Breathable Light weight waterproof.’ is closed to new replies.