Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Breaking up with a narcissits.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

I had one of those torture-by-apathy sorts in my life for two years. Nastytits.

wilburt
    Free Member

Sympathy to the op sounds like you can start to move on.

On a more general note given the amount of disorders that are often covered in depth on you tube channels and blogs isn’t it getting quite difficult to not have one to some degree and what does a person without nil disorders look like?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

If the “disorder” is only found on blogs and YouTube then it’s probably “normal”. If they’re described in the medical /psychological diagnostic manuals then time to consider them as “abnormal” and they’re much more likely to have a serious detrimental effect on their lives and the lives of those around them.

As I said above everyone has narcissistic traits as we need them to survive. However those people with NPD have no ability to control the use and application of those traits.

cbike
    Free Member

this pretty much describes my experince.

She has admitted herself to hospital, her mother is on the way. She is still trying to control from Hosp via messenger. I have had to delete and block comms now. Horrific. I know I can recover. Lesson learned. Don’t always follow your heart.

hora
    Free Member

The NPD symptoms/traits describes to a T someone who I used to work with. I always wondered why she needed constant attention and had a overblown arrogance. I actually assumed she used Cocaine on a fairly regular basis (there were the odd clue tbh).

aleigh
    Free Member

has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

I used to know a few people like that….hence why they are no longer in my life!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Breaking up with a narcissits.’ is closed to new replies.