• This topic has 37 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Breaking Up
  • PrinceJohn

I’ve been with my girlfriend for several years, we currently live together. For the last few months however I’ve come to realise that I no longer love her, & that the best course of action is probably to split up.

My issue with this is the timing, she’s currently trying to get back into university & has quite a few exams coming up & I don’t want to stress her out even more by splitting up now.

Is it best to get it out of the way or wait until her exams are over? Any advice or thoughts please!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Unfortunately there would never be a good time to split up – best to do what is best for you as the upset will be the same for her whenever you do it and you just get more miserable in the meantime.

Best of luck.

Joxster
    Free Member

Talk her in to a threesome and you might be lucky 😉 and if you’re really lucky she’ll end up with the young filly you bring back.

You get away with no guilt or tears. It does work 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

After the exams

hora
    Free Member

Unfortunately there would never be a good time to split up

Totally agree. You will still be in the same position next year if you put it off. Same goes with ‘after the exams’. You’ll still be having sex with her and more importantly misleading her. If you are fond of her you will do the right thing.

Again, best of luck. My sis in law is going through the samething at the moment with her (ex)boyfriend but from the otherside of the fence.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You never know – she might secretly be wanting rid of you too….

PrinceJohn

thanks – I shall wait, I don’t want to put any more unnecessary stress on her during a stressful time, we still get on fine, I’ve just fallen out of love.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve just fallen out of love

Are you sure? Could it be a phase/other issues- stressful work etc? Ive been with my GF for 18yrs, its not always up, up, up. Sometimes intense, other times stressful (work/external factors).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ouch

woodsman
    Free Member

If she’s stressed maybe you’ll see her old self again when the exams are over.

In a nutshell, don’t take anyones advice on your own relationship, especially so on a forum – only you know what is right for the both of you.

PrinceJohn

not here for advice as such, just canvassing opinions to see what food for thought I get.

hora
    Free Member

Princejohn- understand. If you were to ask from a female perspective Im sure a females answer would be ‘straight away’ whereas us blokes think practically. Hence when a girl lets a guy down its always very ‘final’. Guys tend to let things slide.

Maybe alittle generalisation in there. Repost with the header ‘girls, your advice please’?

nickc

It’s always going to come as a surprise to her, the meanest* things about breaking up is that the Breaker has always had time to comes to terms with the decision, that the breakee has never had.

Do it sooner rather than later.

*Not meant in a pejorative sense to you particularly

woodsman
    Free Member

interesting hora…a good generalisation

davidrussell
    Free Member

“Ive been with my GF for 18yrs, its not always up, up, up. “

It is when she’s a blow up doll mate 🙂

hora
    Free Member

“Ive been with my GF for 18yrs, its not always up, up, up. “

It is when she’s a blow up doll mate

I can’t get angry with that. Class post of the day for me 😀

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL!

Moses

After the exams. And be specially nice to her & supportive until they’re over.

** one to ponder** You’re not a bit jealous cos she’s going back to Uni, are you? **

PrinceJohn

no not all. It’s something that I’ve been supportive off as she hates her current career & wants to something a bit more meaningful.

Pyro

Worked the other way for me. I got dumped two weeks before my finals, having been with someone for 4 years. In a sense, it worked out quite well because my first instinct was to put my head down and work like hell for the exams – the end of a relationship wasn’t going to mean the end of my career prospects.

Like others have said – there’s never a good time.

xiphon
    Free Member

My girlfriends horrible during exams, or anything academic which is examined (essays, dissertation, etc).

Currently doing her BSc. finals as I type – but she’s looking towards doing a MSc, then PhD.

Help!

(I’m sure your girlfriend will return to ‘normal’ soon – all part of relationships!)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but she’s looking towards doing a MSc, then PhD.

She’s secretly narking her lecturer, that’s all.

😉

PrinceJohn

(I’m sure your girlfriend will return to ‘normal’ soon – all part of relationships!)

Yeah – but it isn’t just exam stress, I’ve been feeling this way for quite a bit longer, but it only dawned on me recently!

sofatester
    Free Member

Simple question: Do you get a boner when you see her naked?

Yes? Stay

No? Leave

PrinceJohn

sofatester – what about all the other girls that give you boners!? & the ones that give you boners when they aren’t quite naked?!

willard

Worked the other way for me. I got dumped two weeks before my finals, having been with someone for 4 years. In a sense, it worked out quite well because my first instinct was to put my head down and work like hell for the exams – the end of a relationship wasn’t going to mean the end of my career prospects.

Yup, same thing happened to me during my finals. So instead of going out and having fun with the gf, I got stuck into a lot of work that needed to be done. Mind you, when that was done I went out and got really badly drunk.

Speaking as someone that got divorced at the tender age of 30, there’s no good time for a split. But do you need to? What defines love? Do you argue constantly, but still enjoy each other’s company? Do the bad times outweigh the good?

sofatester
    Free Member

You should be single then. Go forth and conquer!

When your on your death bed you will never think – “i wish i had slept with less women during my life”

hora
    Free Member

When your on your death bed you will never think – “i wish i had slept with less women during my life”

I can honestly say I wish I could sleep with less 🙁

PrinceJohn

depends if you die from an STD

sofatester
    Free Member

That is true, we all have to die of something though.

So have you decided what your going to do PJ?

PrinceJohn

no – was giving it consideration before I posted here, still am. Going to go on a long contemplative ride over the weekend, where hopefully everything will drop into place & I’ll be able to think clearly.

hora
    Free Member

sofatester
    Free Member

A scope on a MP5 for OBUA? That’s a bit overkill don’t you think Hora? 😆

ourkidsam
    Free Member

hora – Member

Ive been with my GF for 18yrs

hora – Member

I can honestly say I wish I could sleep with less [women]

Been playing away Mark?

hora
    Free Member

Me? No 🙄 Just to imply that Im down and dirty/cool when Im not really

Joxster
    Free Member

A woman arrived at a party and while scanning the guests, spotted an attractive man standing alone.

She approached him, smiled and said, “Hello. My name is Carmen.”

“That’s a beautiful name,” he replied. “Is it a family name?”

“No,” she replied. “As a matter of fact I gave it to myself. It represents the things that I enjoy the most – cars and men.

Therefore, I chose “Carmen.” What’s your name?”

He answered “B.J. Titsengolf.”

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Just to imply that Im down and dirty/cool when Im not really

I’m shocked

hora
    Free Member

One thing to consider when breaking up with a girl. Shes going to get slammed royally in your absence. My ex didnt like me ending it, spent a month trying to get it back then went absolutely shag-crackers. That part hurt me abit actually (as I still liked her a heck of alot) 🙁

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Breaking Up’ is closed to new replies.