Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 517 total)
  • Shots fired outside Westminster
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

“BBC reporting that police officer died following the attack”

🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Terrible news. Just bravely doing his job, and probably had little thought, thanks and gratitude before today.

v8ninety

Damn. 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

To those talking about locking borders, internment, torture etc.

It didn’t work in NI it just made a part of community more resentful. Just allowed for the Guilford 4 et al.

If you want more terrrorists then make their whole community out to be scum it always works!

If you say that most of the issue is coming from the middle east and is funded through petrol-chemical money are you willing to stop buying plastic and using petrol?

Drac

BBC reporting that police officer died following the attack

**** sake poor guy.

Newsthump sums it up.

Don’t give them the anger they want. Focus on the amazing job done by the public and emergency services. Don’t look at the apparent carnage, look at the people rushing towards the unknown to help others. Make the story about the resilience of London and its citizens. They want your anger, they want your fury – and they want you to focus it on anyone different from you. Don’t hand them an easy victory.

Bregante

look at the people rushing towards the unknown to help others

Indeed. And fair play to Tory MP Tobias Ellwood who appears to have tried to save the officer.

RIP to a fallen colleague. The thin blue line just got thinner.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Don’t give them the anger they want. Focus on the amazing job done by the public and emergency services. Don’t look at the apparent carnage, look at the people rushing towards the unknown to help others. Make the story about the resilience of London and its citizens. They want your anger, they want your fury – and they want you to focus it on anyone different from you. Don’t hand them an easy victory.”

This. The Terrorists want hate and mistrust aimed at ‘their people’. The response needs to be to do the opposite.

Wookster

Four dead. Such sad news.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

UK terrorists seem mostly, well, a bit rubbish

52 died in the 7/7 attack, hardly rubbish.
    Some absolute crap being spouted on this thread, people have been murdered today, shame on you.

MoreCashThanDash

Great post from Drac/Newsthump.

Drac

Indeed. And fair play to Tory MP Tobias Ellwood who appears to have tried to save the officer.

Agreed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Four dead. Such sad news.

One of those was the attacker.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes BBC say Four Dead and TWENTY injured and in a “catastrophic” state.

Well done all those posters who laughed it off and who the Piss.

We know who you are, you have outed yourselves as tossers.
    Find somewhere else to post your vitriol you pathetic individuals.

allthepies
    Free Member

Home now, lots of armed police at Waterloo.

SaxonRider

@nedrapier & nwmlarge:
    Sorry. My tone came across as cocky and judgmental.

Stay safe.

stumpyjon

I think the point being made about the response to the attack vs other deaths today that will go unreported is that by focusing so much on incidents like this we don’t take probably more preventable and likely deaths seriously enough. The other point being the bigger result for the perpetrator is the disruption, fear, diversion of resources to what intrinsically is a relatively minor incident in terms of those directly affected. Makes it worth some other loner having a go.

That said the trauma for those directly involved is horrific, hopefully not something that will become life defining but the more fuss made about it by people cashing in on the event (politicians and especially the media) the more likely it will.

I’d say my thoughts are with those involved but like 99.9% of the people watching this unfold saying so is meaningless words.

Drac

I think the point being made by others is to talk about it in a different thread or maybe just wait before discussing it.

Cougar

From a friend via Facebook:

4 People dead including the attacker. 20 Injured. The man in the car tried to continue the attack. Police officers returning from a commendation ceremony were involved. Search is continuing as whilst police believe only one individual involved, they are not being complacent.

spekkie
    Free Member

“It took 5 to 10 mins for police to arrive”? Is that possible?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39355940

stumpyjon

speaking that must have the additional police, there’s plenty on duty in the immediate vicinity which today included a fairly senior officer who was a significant witness.

spekkie
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. The whole area is usually thick with Police.

cornholio98
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Yes BBC say Four Dead and TWENTY injured and in a “catastrophic” state.

Well done all those posters who laughed it off and who the Piss.

We know who you are, you have outed yourselves as tossers.
    Find somewhere else to post your vitriol you pathetic individuals.

Growing up it was the IRA, then that calmed down in time for the Soho bombings then a bit later it was 7/7. I know many people impacted by events in London and the surrounds.
    Tomorrow the majority of the workers in Westminster will get up and go to work as normal. They will not want to think about what happened. Just like many of the tube commuters who probably won’t want to think about traveling in a hundred year old tunnel under the river and the quality of the construction/maintenance but will still do it.
    Using humour as a way to normalise the event to help you keep doing you day to day activities is not such a bad thing.

It is a sad event but unless you are directly impacted traumatising yourself by getting upset won’t be good for your health.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just read on yon Twittersphere that the murderer was a well-known radical. Not naming names as is not confirmed but if it was the guy then his Twitter account multiple Twitter accounts appear to be suspended :-/

Mackem

spekkie
    Free Member

What does Radical mean (in this instance)? Radical about what?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Twitter saying it is Trevor Brooks, remember him ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/35262460

mrmo
    Free Member

Growing up it was the IRA

Growing up and being called a provo, a paddy, to **** off back to Ireland. and hearing general abuse for being of Irish decent really makes you feel welcome!

Labeling all Muslims as terrorists does no one any favours. In every group there are idiots, remember Jo Cox!

Deal with the idiots but don’t white wash entire groups.

Mackem

Radical = Extreme I think.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What does Radical mean (in this instance)? Radical about what?

spekkie, I used ‘radical’ here as a noun.

ie ‘militant, zealot, extremist, fanatic, diehard’

*edit – obv won’t detail any more as is not confirmed AFAIK

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d be wary of “News Executive” they don’t sound like a massively credible agency.

thepurist

Given the surveillance of that area and the apparent number of police witnesses, I’m puzzled how there is any uncertainty about the number of attackers or the number of cars involved. Maybe it’s just media reporting whatever anyone tells them rather than anything sourced from intelligence.

mrmo
    Free Member

Given the surveillance of that area and the apparent number of police witnesses, I’m puzzled how there is any uncertainty about the number of attackers or the number of cars involved. Maybe it’s just media reporting whatever anyone tells them rather than anything sourced from intelligence.

I would go with the police releasing facts once 100% certain, it does no favours to state something then have to retract it later. So i would say they know who was involved but won’t say. Also the issue of getting next of kin etc informed first rather than having the The Sun or Mail knocking on the door!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“It took 5 to 10 mins for police to arrive”? Is that possible?

Very likely I would have thought, the Met police are stretched to their limits, and beyond. I frankly don’t know how they cope, well I guess they don’t really.

Edukator
    Free Member

Photo just shown on the news looks a lot like the guy in the Twitter feeds on the previous page.

I think the tolerance of these preacher types will go down a tad.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Independent 15 mins ago

*edit

The media are tripping over themselves wth?

allthepies
    Free Member

Channel4 rowing back from the identification claim…

Apparently the original guy (him ^^^) is still in prison!

Drac

Using humour as a way to normalise the event to help you keep doing you day to day activities is not such a bad thing.

I have a dark humour always have but my job means it’s even darker but there’s a time and place. It’s not on this thread and it’s not now.

councilof10
    Free Member

Oh great, now a convicted terrorist will make millions in compensation when he sues the news agencies for slander!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

we are reaping what we sowed some time ago unfortunately.

Iran 1953

Edukator
    Free Member

Everyone has a sosie (look alike). Oh well

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Shots fired outside Westminster’ is closed to new replies.