Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Breaking Bad – anyone watch the pilot last night?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Thought the pilot was alright.
    on FX / FXHD for Sky viewers.

Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in a desire to secure his family’s financial future.

Trailers here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–z4YzxlT8o[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OPSKrYQBlU[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

I would link to the post on this from yesterday, but it seems the server change has eaten it.

Anyways, I would heartily recommend buying seasons 1/2 on DVD and ploughing through them. Top show.

MrTall
    Free Member

It’s a repeat. Series 3 has just finished i believe, series one was around 2 years ago.

I watched it all on FX and really enjoyed it but then it seemed to disappear so i assumed it’d been cancelled. But then there was a thread about it on here the other week and it seems that it moved to the Five USA channel (not that i’ve been able to find anything about it).

I got the series 2 boxset last week and have been up late every night since watching them all. Just have the last (13th) episode to watch tonight. Don’t think series 3 is available to buy yet.

Original story and great acting, what’s not to like?

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t think series 3 is available to buy yet.

March 22nd in the States, so imagine over her April sometime.

I personally could not wait and downloaded the episodes as they aired in the US.

organic355
    Free Member

didnt realise it had been going for a while, Ive got the 1st series, series-linked now on FXHD, looks worth a watch.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got given the box set of the firstcseries fir a works secret Santa pressie..
    Yeah, like others I’d reccomend it..

MrTall
    Free Member

Jamie, has series 3 aired here yet? And am i correct that it is/was on Five USA and not FX? Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, has series 3 aired here yet?

Not yet and so far no UK broadcaster has acquired the rights to show it. As I understand it FX had the rights to season 01 and Five USA, and that channel only so nothing will appear on regular Five, has the rights to S01 and S02.

Best bet for season 03 would be to get the DVDs in March/April.

….or depending on how much of a quality whore you are try this:

http://breaking-bad.otavo.tv/season-3

The betterer news is there is going to be a fourth season. Airs in the US in July.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve seen season 1-3 and have to say its pretty good! a few episodes are a little depressing, but stick with it, quite funny at times!

Cougar

Skyplussed (other PVR systems are available) but not watched yet. Been on my radar for a while, this, looking forward to it.

MrTall
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie. I can stop searching Five USA every night now trying to see if i could find an episode….

I’ll get the DVD when it comes out.

FuzzyWuzzy

Ah cool, I enjoyed series 1 to but then it disappeared from FX, didn’t realise they’d done a season 2 & 3

MrTall
    Free Member

There could be a reduced price boxset of series 2 on the classifieds in the next week or so…… 😉

organic355
    Free Member

The betterer news is there is going to be a fourth season

I thought he only had a few months to live?

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought he etc etc etc

Dude….some people might consider that a spoiler. Personally, I would edit it.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Good show which Five USA totally arsed about with the scheduling of it – they had season 1 on once a week at about 10 that finished then put out season 2 between boxing day (in 2009) and new years day about 1 am, without advertising it. Dont think they have shown it since then either.

Jamie
    Free Member

Good show which Five USA totally arsed about with the scheduling of it – they had season 1 on once a week at about 10 that finished then put out season 2 between boxing day (in 2009) and new years day about 1 am, without advertising it. Dont think they have shown it since then either.

There does seem to be an inability from UK broadcasters to treat their US imports, which they have paid good money for, with anything approaching common sense. Examples such as Seinfeld, Sopranos, The Shield all spring to mind.

warton
    Free Member

so, just to confirm, was last nights episode the first pisode in season 1? lad I work with says its great, but you need to watch it from the start

kimbers

personally if a channel screws up showing a series like 5 did with breaking bad or a lot of other really good shos that get put hung out at 3am dead wood slots, never advertised never repeated while primetime is filled with reality tv and oz soaps you are perfectly justified in torrenting it

organic355
    Free Member

so, just to confirm, was last nights episode the first pisode in season 1? lad I work with says its great, but you need to watch it from the start

Yes, think the pilot is on again Monday at Midnight.

backhander
    Free Member

perfectly justified in torrenting it

Not that I’d ever do such a thing. Oh no and certainly not the first 2 whole series. Most definately not.

tobyho
    Free Member

In my experience Breaking Bad is the best thing on the telly since The Wire and The Sopranos.

I love Breaking Bad. I have seen all the series’. Series 4 starts later this year in the US. I downloaded all my copies.

Breaking Bad is funny, clever, dramatic, exciting. It uses music like no other show. It’s perfect. It creates scenarios that are so far fetched but somehow believable due to the fantastic acting and writing. All the characters are great and slowly over the course of the three season each character has taken a turn to really shine. Walter is the man. So is Hank..

Watch it.

organic355
    Free Member

Funny you mention the Wire. Ive just watched the first 3 episodes and really cant see what all the fuss is about, can someone enlighten me?

Yes its gritty, but it is a bit slow, just seems to plod along, does it get better? thinking back though, the Sopranos was a bit like that and I ended up loving that.

Ill stick with the wire for a bit to see if it lives up to its “best series ever made” status.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ive just watched the first 3 episodes and really cant see what all the fuss is about, can someone enlighten me?

Come back after watching the first season.

On a side note, The Wire being given these accolades does annoy me a little bit, in that it was slept on for ages before every man and his dog proclaimed it as the next tv messiah. I was constantly being greeted with blank expressions when I was telling people to check it out back in the day.

Oh well. The price you pay for being so damn cool* :wink

*I am not so damn cool.

Xylene
    Free Member

Accurate on the chemistry as well

stanfree
    Free Member

Breaking Bad is excellent and well worth a watch , as for The Wire you really need to watch at least the first 8 episodes before It starts to get under your skin. Ive started watching them all again as It IS the best TV I’ve ever watched. The detail In the story telling and character backgrounds are amazing. So many great characters are fall by the way side over the seasons that you genuinley care about them unlike many other shows.

Looking forward to Sky Atlantic which Is coming soon .

warton
    Free Member

managed to catch the first episode last night, i recorded it from Sunday, I thought it was really good, looking forward to the next episode

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Breaking Bad – anyone watch the pilot last night?’ is closed to new replies.