Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Break up a journey between West Mids and Edniburgh
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Right its time for the singletrack hive mind to strike again! We have a family holiday coming up and I’m taking the OH and his two kids and Ziva and my bike up to Edinburgh but we need somewhere to break up the journey.

I need somewhere to walk Ziva, somewhere with WiFi for step daughter, somewhere perhaps step son can kick a football about with the OH and all in sight of the car where my bike will be on the roof. I would go for maybe a decent visitor centre but I dont like to take Ziva to trail centres on a weekend so it’ll have to be somewhere I can walk. Ideally not too far off route but a ten min or so detour would be acceptable. What does everyone have?

Drapoon
    Free Member

kirkby lonsdale?

you also have the opportunity to go to a nice motorway services (really!) check out Tebay on the M6

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lower sizergh farm shop – 10m (if that) off J36 on M6. Nice lunch, safe parking, quick walk from the farm, nice coffees to take away for 2H of journey.

Drapoon
    Free Member

double post

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ahh yeah Tebay thats the ticker, I’m sure its been mention before, I’ll have at those suggestions cheers!

tomaso
    Free Member

Tebay services and leave kids to it while you get out for a one hour loop on yer mountainbike round here streetmap of Tebay – Bretherdale Beck, Breathigh Road, Borrowdale and over Roundthwaite Common.

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

Annandale water on the A74(M) has picnic area and nature walk around the lake. Not sure about wifi tho.

somouk
    Free Member

Tebay would be my shout, I live in the Mids and our office is in Edinburgh so do the journey a lot.

All the other stations generally don’t have much green area.

You might have an issue being indoors and able to see the car, I normally park in the first spaces on the left as you come in and can then see my bike from the cafe overlooking the lake. The other option is the top car park where there is more room to walk the dog but you would have to stay with the car.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Break up a journey between West Mids and Edniburgh’ is closed to new replies.