Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Break Lever Problem XT's with Gripshift
  • m_t_b
    Free Member

I have a set of M785 XT’s and I could cope with the shorter lever over the grip shift before but after a recent bad break of my thumb Im having real trouble reaching across with my fingers and getting the strength I need into the lever.

Just wondered if anyone knows of a way to get a longer lever onto these brakes?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

3x Is this a new record?

wwaswas

spoon handle based extension held on with some shonky carbon fibre?

warpcow
    Free Member

Shimano’s ‘touring’ brakes have longer levers. You’d probably need to buy a whole new master cylinder to fit to your caliper, or just buy a new brake and sell the old one. You might find somewhere that can bring in just an LX lever too if you’re lucky.

Like this:

m_t_b
    Free Member

Not sure what your on about Buzz. Cheers Warpcow have thought of that, apparently there would be a change to the power of the brakes as the M type are quite different to the T type brakes.

Shame you cant just buy the levers. Might have to go this way if nothing else presents.

wwaswas

Not sure what your on about Buzz

you posted the thread 3 times.

m_t_b
    Free Member

Ah right 😀 weird only pressed it once.

Shorty12
    Free Member

My XT’s I ordered from germany seem to have long levers for some reason I would prefer short levers

m_t_b
    Free Member

What model are they? Potential swap?

Shorty12
    Free Member

BR-M785 Could do a swap if you wanted to sort something out

Shorty12
    Free Member

My mistake mines one with trekking levers

coatesy
    Free Member

Deores also available in 3 finger lever now, BL-T615 code, £26.99 ea.

Shorty12
    Free Member

It m_t_b doesn’t want to swap I think I will buy some and sell my long levers as they could do with a bleed anyway

m_t_b
    Free Member

Any chance of a pic of yours ? When did you buy them? Mine are about 5 moths old. Email in profile.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Break Lever Problem XT's with Gripshift’ is closed to new replies.