Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Bread and me. A story of loss..
  • molgrips
    Free Member

You’ll not be iEating iBread iAnyway, surely?

Yeah that was a long time ago when I had local bakers!

akak
    Free Member

I have a similar problem to the OP, suddenly couldn’t eat wheat about 18 months ago. GP had me tested and drew a blank…just have to keep trying things to see what works.

miketually
    Free Member

A wholemeal and rye sourdough might be low-GI and low-wheat enough to not set off any allergies?

crikey
    Free Member

No, but if I asked for my chips on one I’d get battered along with the fish…

khani
    Free Member

I’m off bread, I loved it and now it’s gone

I’m sorry for your loss..just remember there’s penty more loaves in the sea, it’s not you it’s the loaf..and anyway that loaf was a tart and your better off rid…..
    Sorry… 😥

sweaman2
    Free Member

Good bread is only 4 things:

Flour
    Yeast
    Salt
    Water

So to my scientific but non-medical mind if it’s not flour then it’s yeast? Assuming you can drink water and manage a packet of crisps for example?

crikey
    Free Member

Could be yeast.

Which is a constituent of beer.

I’m not having a good day.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Gramflour flatbreads are pretty good as a substitute.

Like you I was a bread addict but have not had any for a couple of months. Tricky to start with but once you get used to it it’s not so bad. My diarrhoea, bloatedness and skin ailments have all cleared up. Completely. I have also lost weight so i am now at 74kgs.

As I said, gram flour flatbreads are not the real thing but they are a reasonable substitute.

Good luck.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

was just speaking to a guy a work today who had the exact same symptoms for years and turns out he was finally diagnosed as a celiac (or however you spell it) exact same symptoms – if i was you i would get tested for it.

crikey
    Free Member

I am currently eating Ryvita.

Me.
    Unreconstructed, northern, tabs and beer and chips and gravy, give her a seeing to up against the bins round the back of the club. Eating bloody Ryvita.

I’ll have a manbag next, and be changing my underpants daily instead of when they get dirty.

Dark days indeed…

MikeG

I was diagnosed with UC about 6 years ago and had a negative test for coeliac disease as one of the many many tests and probes and picolax related procedures I went through before the docs settled on Ulcerative Colitis, tbh unless I’ve been on steroids I’ve had symptoms continuously since then and have been on immuno-suppressants for a little over a year.
    I tried the idave diet in January and, as well as losing over a stone and a half, my symptoms have almost completely gone – for the 1st time in years I’m not worrying where the nearest loo is when I’m out. BUT if I have more than a couple of slices of bread on my off day I have to stay within spitting distance of the bog and get horrendous bloating and stomach pain for a couple of days.
    I’ve avoided pasta so far but am planning to have some on my next off day to see if it has the same effect.

edit; gram flour bread is ok, it’s not proper soft doughy white bread but it is ok. just ok.

can’t stomach ryvita though, and I’m a southern softy.

crikey
    Free Member

Cheers for that fella, for all my attempts at humour I am quite concerned that this may turn out to be a long term live with it thing, so I’ll be talking to the GP soon.

Meh. Hate being poorly.

saleem
    Free Member

If you want some bread recipes or a crumpet recipe just email me and I’ll send you mine over tomorrow, have a go at focaccia as its easy to. Make oat biscuits or crisp bread and store it in a big tin.

totalshell

my names tts and i’m a bread addict.
    got to have a butty even if its fresh air the breads the thing, crumpets are the hard stuff ( warbies 6pk on offer at the mo.)
    i ve given up before but always go back to it.. i luuurve it

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Sorry, I haven’t read all the postings.

If you google ‘Chorleywood method’, it’s the way of making bread on an industrial scale. You might do better with ‘overnight’ bread from a specialty baker, or sourdough, or soda bread. It could be something to do with yeast.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve lost over 2 stone almost without thinking about it since I stopped eating bread more than once a week.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I feel slightly bloated after eating supermarket or mass produced bread, yet if I eat spelt bread I don’t get any off the bloated feeling. Has IBS been ruled out or stress.

Solo
    Free Member

Bread and me. A story of loss release..

T,FTFY

D’ya know ?. Theres a bread free world out there.

Think about this.
    When was bread invented….
    And, what did people eat… Before bread !.

HTH
    🙂

Northwind

My GF bread doesn’t share many ingredients with real bread and those it does are really commonplace, so it’s a bit odd that you’d get the same symptoms.

If it’s any consolation I almost burst into tears once in the tesco bread aisle, just from all the smells. Bit cruel that they keep the gf stuff right in the middle of the proper tasty stuff :mrgreen:

Rorschach
    Free Member

No bread=No life.

Death without toast 👿

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Bread and me. A story of loss..’ is closed to new replies.