• This topic has 3,406 replies, 193 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 3,407 total)
  • Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, that’s put a dampener on the wondrous thing that is Italy going home early. What an idiot.

And now we get to spend the next few days listening to the outrage. Woo.

Jamie
    Free Member

Danny Mills is not amused.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

At least England cricket team might be able to draw out a draw against Sri Lanka with 8 balls left http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

geoffj

deadlydarcy – Member
    Well, that’s put a dampener on the wondrous thing that is Italy going home early. What an idiot.

Sadly true – I was beginning to feel a bit of love for Suarez too. 😡

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Makes you wonder what the italian player did to provoke such a retaliation.

molgrips
    Free Member

Suarez really does have issues doesn’t he?

chewkw
    Free Member

Biting shoulder … 😆

molgrips – Member

Suarez really does have issues doesn’t he?

I hope the other player go for a rabies jab later on … 😆

IanW
    Free Member

Don’t you think it’s strange that someone with such enormous teeth should be a biter? Is it coincidence, some kind of genetic trait?

allthepies
    Free Member

Nooooooo!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member

At least England cricket team might be able to draw out a draw against Sri Lanka with 8 balls left http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

And England cricket throw away a draw with 2 balls left.
    Sri Lanka win by 100 runs

We’re $hite at sport with balls

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Well at least we should get a 1st place and 3rd place in the good old US of A http://trackleaders.com/transam14

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Just heard two England players on 5 live say ‘we played some wonderful football’ and ‘showed great character’

Nice to see they’re as delusional as they are sh1t.

Be great to see how far Uraguay get without Suarez now. (Surely he must be banned…..)

lemonysam
    Free Member

Does anyone happen to know TandemJeremy’s views on Luis Suarez?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That’s a very quick bite to leave such deep teeth marks…

ElShalimo

Suarez needs a 6 month ban for his crimes against football
    Fantastic player but clearly he’s got issues, or is just a total dick, or maybe both

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

talk to the ghana about sportsmanship last world cup … its not racism he’s just a moron with big teeth

theotherjonv

I was flicking between the bore draw on ITV, the cricket on sky and the Uruguay game on itv4 and was on itv4 when the ‘bite’ happened.

My immediate impulse live was that he’d put his head in in one of those not a headbutt but really stupid ways. Then the Italians reaction made me rewind back and watch again more closely. I’m not convinced: it was very quick if it was, but then again he does have a lot of previous. If it wasn’t, I’m wondering how the Italian has managed to get that mark, and if it is ‘simulated’ somehow then he deserves the book throwing too.

Either way, well done Costa Rica for doing the impossible and not only getting out of the group of death, but winning it.

And well done to Moeen Ali on his first ton, almost in a successful cause, and the sri Lankans for their first series win in england.

martinhutch

Please let him get banned. Karma for Ghana.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Defo ban, no sour the nipped him! Unbeleeeeeeeeevable!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

it wasnt me.. it was the teeth of god claims suarez

With previous longer than tyson you’d think he’d be sponsored by colgate. I suppose where else would you get so much coverage other than at the world cup..

No if fifa could remove his participation retrospectively in the world cup, we could watch england play a few more games? Although I dont think that would happen as Sepp blatter probably didnt see anything wrong with what suarez did.

Nevermind theres still 2022 in qatar

lemonysam
    Free Member

Robbie Savage says he should never play international football again. Not sure I’d have too much argument really, I’d not want to play against him.

Klunk
    Free Member

least the italian manager has done the honorable thing ! over to you Woy.

slackalice
    Free Member

Is it only the English media going doo-lally over the late lunch incident?

Or is it because he scored two pivotal goals that ensured England leave after the group stages?

Nobby

It’s at least his third toothy indiscretion – A years ban from all competitive football wouldn’t be unreasonable, then fine him a year’s wages and donate the lot to a local children’s charity in Brazil.

lemonysam
    Free Member

No…

L’URUGUAY PLUS MORDANT

http://www.lequipe.fr/

URUS BEISSEN ITALIEN RAUS

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/2014fifaworldcup/13-ita-uru-spielbericht-36136392.bild.html

Il morso di Suarez a Chiellini E l’espulsione a Marchisio

http://www.gazzetta.it/

edit:

A Luis Suárez se le fue la boca otra vez

http://www.elpais.com.uy/

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I assume the rest of the world despise violent racist cheats as much as we do

MSP

The Baloteli incident was far worse than the Suarez “maybe” bite.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrahY-XBU0[/video]

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I see all the Liverpool apologists are coming out!

MSP

I see all the Liverpool apologists are coming out!

So just to be clear, assuming that Suarez is guilty, you still think what he did is worse than jumping studs fist into someone’s head?

binners

If he (nearly) wins you the premiership, despite being a cheating, diving, carnivorous racist, then he can do no wrong apparently.

I bet the potential bids have just dried up. I wonder if Brendon Rodgers is nice and calm at the moment? Are international bans transferable to the domestic leagues? He might be starting next season with a sense of déjà vu

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So just to be clear, assuming that Suarez is guilty, you still think what he did is worse than jumping studs fist into someone’s head?

I have said nothing of the sort & you know it. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

imnotverygood

When it is the third time he’s done it? Yes

I genuinely think he is deranged & sees opposition defenders as a tasty morsel.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Yes

as it’s obvious what was going on, should be seen by the reff, and can be dealt with immediately

Biting and spitting, has no place in any sport. Biting whilst the reff isn’t looking is a calculated attempt to cause harm, without being caught.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I thought Suarez had changed, this season he’s been fantastic, I’ve heard interviews where he’s said off the pitch he’s not like that & his actions have embarrassed his family, he’s said he won’t do that sort of thing etc…

After today I wouldn’t be unhappy if he was never allowed near a football again.

MSP

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Then why are you so hot to trot on the Suarez incident while ignoring Baloteli?

If he (nearly) wins you

I’m a city fan, so unlikely he will be winning the premiership for us.

Jamie
    Free Member

studs fist

Great band.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Then why are you so hot to trot on the Suarez incident while ignoring Baloteli?

I’ve seen the Suarez incident but not the Balotelli one – ergo I have an opinion on one & not the other. If Balotelli’s foul is as bad then he too should be suitably punished.

Why are you so sensitive over Suarez….?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

its not like no one is going to see what happened.. i honestly think suarez doesnt realise there are a tens of millions of people watching and if he rolls on the ground they might take pity on him.

Shame they dont do a three stirkes and you’re out with him.. I reckon he should have had weetabix before he came out. Nevermind only the poor mugs in the uk willing to pay his wages via tv subscriptions.

FIne him and donate the money to dentistry in brasil.

One last point maybe he thinks he is auditioning for a part in the next Twilight film.. who knows??

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks lemonysam, good.

It’s a team game, perhaps Uruguay are eliminated as additional punishment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 3,407 total)

The topic ‘Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread’ is closed to new replies.