• This topic has 3,406 replies, 193 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,407 total)
  • Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Listening to the match, and it seems the fans are entertaining themselves by throwing paper aeroplanes.

Seems I was right. Biggest cheer of the match:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaO6t7utwo[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i6zK1Mk4S8[/video]

er, band was there.

5Live must have some sort of great escape theme tune filter, as never came through on the radio coverage.

Jamie
    Free Member

matther01
    Free Member

England not to escape their group. South American team to win…just not sure which. Would like to see some surprises like New Zealand last time.

slackalice
    Free Member

I read that Paul Scholes has said that England need to play like Liverpool have done this last season and if they do, he reckons they’ll do well. Problem with that is Woy doesn’t seem to understand words like free flowing, attacking, movement, goals, and win.

Hey ho.

senorj

I do like a world cup.
    England will do well to get out of their group imo.
    I don’t understand why Rooney commands starting lineup selection ,but he’ll probably start the first two games and then the “controversy” will be him being dropped…

chambord
    Free Member

Here you go Jamie, Something to celebrate.

I hate those guys.

Jamie
    Free Member

Here you go Jamie, Something to celebrate.

Say what you like about FIFA, and I would but don’t fancy being sued, they do do somethings correctly.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I do like a world cup.
    England will do well to get out of their group imo.
    I don’t understand why Rooney commands starting lineup selection ,but he’ll probably start the first two games and then the “controversy” will be him being dropped…

Can’t remember who was manager when Shearer was on his last legs, but always felt he was in the team for his past performances rather than his current form. (then)

He covered about 1 mile in 90mins and lost the vital yard of speed to give him the chances he used to take with ease. Used to really wind me up, so hoping Woy will have the guts I believe he has, to make the right decisions.

loum
    Free Member

My 2p,

England will make it to the next round.

Think Rooney will play, and quite well too. Barkely and Lallana as cover/sharing time with him, all good players but seem to occupy the same space too much to play together – it’ll be one of three on the pitch at a time.
    Starting front 6 – SG, Henderson (Wilshere on if chasing), Milner, Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge. Hodgson likes one worker wide mid and one really quick attacking wing like Townsend or Walcott -only Sterling fits now. Think he’ll hold him back a little in the friendlies so Italy don’t get too much idea, but he’ll trust him in Manaus as a bit of a surprise.

Italy are nothing special at the ‘mo, and Uraguay’s best player will be missing or lacking match fitness (although he’ll come good in the next round onwards). Personally, can see a few draws and qualification down to how many scored against Costa Rica.
    And they’ve got the Costa Rica game last, who could be out by then anyway, so they’ll know what’s needed.
    If that happens, the’re up against a group C team, Columbia, Greece, IC, Japan, – nothing too special there. So they’ve every chance of winning that too.
    So Quarters it is, then anything can happen, but expect to play against top quality there.

My dark horse is Chile, I reckon they’l send one of Spain or Holland home in group B , but really need to top the group to avoid Brazil next round. Possible with a draw and goal difference, Ozzie keeper to be the busiest man in the first round as all three of them will want top spot.
    Expect Brazil to top their group, then they’ve got a group B tie, that if they get through I reckon they’l go all the way. With Fred for the golden boot.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Shearer had gone ages prior to euro 96 without scoring and then look what happened. Venables told him he would start the first game and his place was his to lose from then on.
    England will beat Italy and qualify from the group, but maybe not in first place.
    I’m also looking at a cheeky outsider on Belgium.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Predictor game

Lets see who’s the best STW predictorer by the end of the Tournament

Jamie
    Free Member

For those seeking information overload: http://theguide.fourfourtwo.com/en/home/index.html

Rockape63
    Free Member

Very entertaining friendly against Ecudor, the youngsters , Barkley and the Ox are running at the oppo and creating havoc….bit dodgy at the other end tho!

Oh and good goal for the new Liverpool man!

Jamie
    Free Member

Woomph!

England defence has been very poor.

scotroutes

So, the planned England team formation has been leaked?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Only seen the second half but commensurate with their ability.Why James milners airfare wasn’t spent on a new set of spinners for Rahim Sterlings vaixhall nova i don’t know.

Jamie
    Free Member

I never knew Scotland had MS Paint?

thepurist

Opening ceremonies… What is the point?

allthepies
    Free Member

+1

Just GET ON WITH IT.

seosamh77
    Free Member

This is bloody terrible, tempted to switch over to eastenders! 😆

fitba better make up for this crap!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To open things.

Anyway, predictions for tonight’s game anyone? Have the streets calmed down in São Paolo yet?

thepurist

Dd – what’s wrong with a couple of national anthems (jlo and her in the blue could sing them) then the ref blows a whistle. Job done, hours of live broadcast and oodles of dosh saved.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I dunno, I couldn’t give a shit whether they have one or not. I only ever watch the Olympic one every four years anyway. I’ll only be switching on for the game.

botanybay
    Free Member

They should have had Elbow singing the theme tune.

Now THAT would have got the crowd on their feet!

MrSmith
    Free Member

All this build up, hours of chat and speculation only to be tempered by the usual headless chicken run-around and disappointment.
    The TDF starts soon.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,” said Jose,age 6.

stanfree
    Free Member

Good to see Scotland are involved in the World Cup , It must have been some job taking the sound system from the S.E.C.C.

langylad
    Free Member

Interesting use of eye wash by the police 8O.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oops.

thepurist

What’s Portuguese for “I’m really sorry guys”?

Caher

Argentina or Germany to win – really thought it would be Germany until Reus got injured.

molgrips
    Free Member

Save!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Neymar’s a dirty bastid isn’t he?
    Supposed to be Brazil’s new wunderkind. He’ll be lucky to be playing next game…

MSP

That should have been a straight red for Neymar, he clearly looked at him and only looked away as he swung his arm at his face.

Brazil are cracking under the weight of expectation at the moment.

Jamie
    Free Member

Scruffy goal from a guy who should have been sent off.

binners

Shouldn’t be on the pitch, never mind scoring! It’ll be interesting to see if any other sides get that kind of refereeing leniency

chewkw
    Free Member

suburbanreuben – Member

Neymar’s a dirty bastid isn’t he?

Damn! He just scored. Cummon! Cummon!

Please let Croatia wins.

Germany or Spain to win the cup.

Definitely don’t want Brazil or Argentina to win.

England … I will bet they will go out first round. 😆

MSP

Definitely don’t want Brazil or Argentina to win

If Messi, Aguero and Higuain play well, then they will light up the tournament, and I hope Argentina do win.

Jamie
    Free Member

England … I will bet they will go out first round

Nah, they will be the revelation of the tournament.

*chuckles*

Jamie
    Free Member

…and now a word from our sponsors.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8Lk2kSCDo[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-4Gbqyni4[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TZka3k9Drw[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,407 total)

The topic ‘Brazil 2014. The World Cup thread’ is closed to new replies.