Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Brawn diffuser is legal
  • boriselbrus
    Free Member

According to the BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm

Common sense from the FIA. Whatever next

uplink
    Free Member

Great stuff

Can’t wait to hear Briatore & Alonso whining over that – I expect the rest will get on with it now

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

..and a bloody good job too. Would have been bad for the ‘sport’ otherwise

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

Good – not that I have any partisan interest, but it would just be another farce if the FIA went around docking points all over the place because they couldnt sort out rule clarifications before the season started (and they had the time!)

Pook

brilliant news. Looking forward to the others playing catch up now. What’s betting they’ve already got their designs ready to go though eh?

jova54
    Free Member

Great news.
    Now really looking forward to the Chinese GP this weekend to see what the complainers do now they have to win on the track not in the courtroom.

rOcKeTdOg

if this was football in the park Ferrari would have taken their ball home by now

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

and now for the meeting where Hamilton gets banned for lying…

sd
    Free Member

if this was football in the park Ferrari would have taken their ball home by now

Or kicked it over the fence in a hissy fit 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It is stoopid. ‘We didn’t think of that, so we are going to try to have you thrown out’ FFS stop complaining and try new stuff yourself.

uplink
    Free Member

and now for the meeting where Hamilton gets banned for lying

Hamilton has already been punished & will face no other sanctions
    McLaren on the other hand ………….

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

uplink – Member

and now for the meeting where Hamilton gets banned for lying

Hamilton has already been punished & will face no other sanctions
    McLaren on the other hand ………….

You would hope that this will be the case, but you never know with the FIA, they aren’t overly friendly with McLaren..

mk1fan
    Free Member

To be fair McLaren did deceive the Race Stewards. It’s hardly picking on them is it?

Although, McLaren have been treated very harshly in the past.

F1 is no longer the hot bed of design it used to be so it’s good to see that the designers are really looking at the tech regs to squeeze every advantage they can.

Brilliant. Another Button win this Sunday???

Sonor
    Free Member

What’s betting they’ve already got their designs ready to go though eh?

What’s the betting they already have them manufactured?

shteve
    Free Member

i know of one team that was running a model in the wind tunnel around 3-4 weeks ago. id expect quite a few of these designs to pop up in Spain

Pook

Apparently Ferrari are using a new aero package in China.

Quelle surprise.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Yep, good result. The new rule changes have highlighted it but isn’t that what F1 is all about- exploiting what the design rules allow as far as you can? It would have been daft if they’d banned it.

uplink
    Free Member

Apparently Ferrari are using a new aero package in China.

Not expected to have a twin diffuser though – scheduled upgrade IMO

Marge
    Free Member

Have I misunderstood this topic?

Braun diffuser

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Go Prawn!

shteve
    Free Member

i think you will see mclaren with some aero updates for china, but my colleagues haven’t mentioned any teams running new diffusers, not that they have seen yet.

i’m just interested to see if/how they will modify the RB5/STR4 rear end to accomodate such a device

uplink
    Free Member

i’m just interested to see if/how they will modify the RB5/STR4 rear end to accomodate such a device

it’s going to be tough for Red Bull with that fancy rear end

druidh
    Free Member

I thought I read somewhere that Renault already had a modified diffuser ready?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I believe Mclaren were seen testing a twin deck diffuser but with the holes filled in or something…

I think this was it…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Could be the life line they need if they’re one of the first to adapt – especially as it’s rear end grip they’re lacking…

uplink
    Free Member

That looks so ‘Heath Robinson’ I’d be inclined to think it was some sort of mock up

jimster
    Free Member

With the teams unable to test atm, anything new is going to be risky?

Okay, in Ferrari’s case they have their test-track but for the like of Red Bull and MacLaren being solely reliant on windtunnel developments may set them further back. 😕

uplink
    Free Member

Even with a test track they can’t test – as such
    I believe they’re allowed so many straight line runs

shteve
    Free Member

they are able to test new kit on the friday practice sessions i think, but ferrari can’t use their test track as uplink mentioned. i remember force india tested their seamless shift gearbox during a friday of the 2008 season and removed it for the qualifying/race. they are limited on straight line testing, but it would be useful in this case.

jimster
    Free Member

Could they test it on “next years” car and fit it retrospectively?

Not that they’d do such a thing of course, no

uplink
    Free Member

No they can’t test this years car, next years car or even last years car outside of the race weekends other than the straight line tests

Here’s something that made me smile
    Mark Webber was doing the rounds on the grid in Malaysia after the race was stopped due to rain trying to get a consensus not to restart

Here he is talking to Hamilton
    Look at the McLaren mechanic in the background

uplink
    Free Member

McLaren’s new diffuser from this morning

thepurist

Uplink – judging by the P2 times that’s just lipstick on a pig at the mo. Given that HK was quicker than LH in P2 I wonder if they’ll persist with it tomorrow.

uplink
    Free Member

Hard to tell what – if anything – it’ll add.
    Practice times are just so unreliable this year with teams testing so much stuff during them.

Can’t see it getting near the gearbox of the Brawn though
    Ferrari have dumped KERS & Massa says it’s even slower now

who knows what’s going to happen?

what a great year this is turning out to be 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Brawn diffuser is legal’ is closed to new replies.