Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Brave John Terry (WARNING – Football content)
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

I just don’t get what all the fuss is about regarding ‘brave’ John Terry and the England captaincy.

Do you?

CaptJon
    Free Member

He’s one of the reasons I no longer have much interest in watching England. I used to go to international games but I can’t even be added to watch them on TV anymore.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I know what you mean Jon, I find most of the international squad despicable human beings, apart from the keepers they seem like complete idiots. And we’re rubbish at football.

Philby

It’s not like the captain in football does very much – not like a cricket captain who has to make tactical decisions every ball when fielding, and has to win the toss.

The Terry thing is the non-story of the day.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gg , I take it you didn’t see the picture of hart waving his flashy £50 notes at the cameras then???

Junkyard
    Free Member

find most of the international squad despicable human beings, apart from the keepers they seem like complete idiots. And we’re rubbish at football.

I think that knowing the country is fully behind them helps them perform to their best.

billybob
    Free Member

I’m failing to see what the fuss is about – surely he’s not permanent captain? If Gerrard or Rio were fit they’d be captain…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Haha, rightyson, I’ve not seen that, it’s just that keepers always seem to have a bit of dignity about them but I’m probably wrong I admit.

You know, I’m just completely deflated with this current crop of players – it may be the Premier League to blame or whatever, but none of them seem to be bothered about playing for their national team. It’s all feigned kissing of badges and pointing to the sky, when did that kind of thing ever become acceptable?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Junkyard – 😀 – I don’t think they even care if the country are behind them mate, seems sad but true.

Hairychested
    Free Member

If you were paid 100k per week, would you care about a bunch of wallies on 15k p/a?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Ah, but it shouldn’t be about the money should it? It’s playing for England, even they must have watched their heroes as kids?

Junkyard
    Free Member

How would you feel to play for a fairly avergae team do your best – not win because [ prepare your self] other teams are better than you and then you fans say this about you

but none of them seem to be bothered about playing for their national team. It’s all feigned kissing of badges and pointing to the sky, when did that kind of thing ever become acceptable?

Rooney had a point about the “fans” and the unrealistic pressure and grief they give to the players. So unlees they win the world cup they dont give a shit?Look at France at the last world cup FFS england were just poor they did not self destruct.
    You really do expect the team to win or you just give them grief piss poor fans do not help the team
    Imagine wales
    you loose = grief to players
    Scrape a win = grief to player should do better etd
    Big win well we excepected that or they are the best team in the world
    depending on the score line.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Eng 5 – Jam 0
    England will win WC.
    Eng 0 – Bra 3
    England are rubbish.
    Eng 4 – Mar 0
    England to be World Champs.
    Eng 2 – Por 3
    England are World Chumps.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Junkyard – are you having an affair with Ashley Cole or something?

No one in their right mind can think that Wayne Rooney’s little outburst at the ‘fans’ during the World Cup was justified. The lad has only scored about 9 goals in the last year for his club, never mind the World Cup. He’s meant to be one of the best forwards in the world isn’t he?

So who are the fairly average players around him? The best ones in the country?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Hairychested +1

😆

Garry_Lager

Don’t think I’ve seen a worse performance by an elite level player than Rooney’s at the last world cup. Honestly looked like he’d being pulled out of the Hare and Hounds first eleven and given an England shirt.
    Most good players will have a quiet game but you can still see the touch and class. Rooney when he’s off form is just a terrible footballer.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think they should bring me in as Holding Midfielder; kind of like an English Graeme Souness. With my ability to win the ball in that area, I could feed attacking midfielders like Gerrard, or even make penetrating runs pulling defenders out of position, working one-twos with the strikers, creating chances. Something the England team lacks, tbh.

But Capello is clearly an idiot as he hasn’t even bothered to come and watch me play at any of my recent games. Fool.

trailmonkey

Rooney had a point about the “fans”

Let me guess, are you a Utd fan ? Rooney had no point whatsoever. The fans were doing exactly what the rest of us were doing. If Rooney wanted to articulate any kind of thought, then he should have been directing it Capello’s woeful strategy or the dynamics of Murdochworld football that deny the chance for English born players to advance in the EPL and create a stronger national side.

bring me in as Holding Midfielder

OK…………

make penetrating runs pulling defenders out of position,

Don’t think you’ve understood your own brief 😉

rOcKeTdOg

is he still segregated from the other players WAGs? or does the manager have hin on reins between games?

grum
    Free Member

John Terry is a good example of what is wrong with English football – the arrogance of the man is unbelievable. To hear him talk about losing the captaincy you’d imagine he’d had a child snatched away from him or something. It’s very hard to support England when tossers like him are held up as some kind of example to others.

iDave
    Free Member

who called John Terry ‘Brave’?

bullheart
    Free Member

John Terry is a ****, full stop. I don’t debate his skill as a footballer, but I make sure that all the kids I teach are aware that, as a captain, you should be a positive role model to your fellow players and your fans. He lacks integrity, humility and an awareness of morality.

Jamie
    Free Member

who called John Terry ‘Brave’?

From The Guardian’s Fiver Column.

John Terry is known as England’s Brave John Terry, (or EBJT),as he has a knack for pulling out of England matches due to some mysterious injury only to play for Chelsea the week after. It is now changed to Chelsea’s Brave John Terry (or CBJT), or when he’s playing for England since being stripped of the captaincy, England’s Brave But Embarrassing John Terry (or EBBEJT), following his unsuccessful rebellion against Fabio Capello EBJT was briefly redubbed Englands Brave and Loyal John Terry (EBLJT)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fiver#Nicknames_for_footballers

warton
    Free Member

Rooney had a point about the “fans”

It was the English players that were bigging up thier chances of winning the world cup last time around wasn’t it??

Then when they make an absolute pigs ear of it they blame the fans for being ‘urealistic’

Rooney is a typical council estate charver, thick as pig manure, with no class at all, and you can say that for pretty much all the team. Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard etc etc etc

soobalias
    Free Member

the point “they must have watched their heroes in the national team when they were young” is very interesting

how will the next generation see it?

professional football is now so far removed from reality, even just supporting a top level club is a dream for most children where a ticket costs £50 – they will never even get to stand on the terraces.

binners

Grum is bang on there.

Its difficult to imagine a more loathsome individual really. And to hear him moaning when he lost the captaincy… like he was hard done by? FFS! You lost it because you were shagging your tea-mates wife, you ****!!! Among many other transgressions!!! Hows that for providing dressing room unity?

But you could tell that in his own mind, he’d done absolutely nothing wrong

What a cock!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one in their right mind can think that Wayne Rooney’s little outburst at the ‘fans’ during the World Cup was justified

Of course not as can be seen from this thread the enerland fans give them unwavering support and are absolutely 100% behind them I stand corrected what amzing fans you are. Best in the world fans in FACT

If Rooney wanted to articulate any kind of thought, then he should have been directing it Capello’s woeful strategy or the dynamics of Murdochworld football that deny the chance for English born players to advance in the EPL and create a stronger national side.

Why were those great supportive fans not venting at Capello and Murdoch then rather than players and doing what you suggest? So the fans targetted the wrong people and the wrongly targetted people were wrong to object. This is the kind of logic that makes it difficult to hold a reasonable footbal discussion with a football fan.

It was the English players that were bigging up thier chances of winning the world cup last time around wasn’t it??

Would you have preffered they had said realistic we are a decent side and will be happy to make it to the knock out stages but other teams ar efar betterthan us. I am sur eyou would have commended their honesty. Please read media headlines as well for that period

Then when they make an absolute pigs ear of it they blame the fans for being ‘urealistic’

for booing them

Rooney is a typical council estate charver, thick as pig manure, with no class at all, and you can say that for pretty much all the team. Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard etc etc etc

Again the undying support of their country men is an impressive sight to behold ;roll: no wonder they look forward to the games Imagine playing for your country [ the honour, the pride etc ] and being viewed like that by a FAN 😯

duckman

Errr Junkyard….Are you not Scottish?

warton
    Free Member

and being viewed like that by a FAN

The very last thing I am is a fan of the English football team. their arrogance, pretty much to a man, disgusts me

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont really understand why the fans can be full of contempt for their players and think this is not impacting on the teams performance. Contrast this with the support the same players get at club level even when they are playing badly or not scoring etc.
    Yes I am Scottish but I dont think I am giving an anti English un reasonable view clouded by hatred or contempt….. I am leaving that to the England fans 😉

GW
    Free Member

Grum, it’s supporters that are the real losers in football

trailmonkey

Why were those great supportive fans not venting at Capello and Murdoch then rather than players and doing what you suggest

I think that some undoubtedly were. Sadly for the players,they were the representation of all that was/is bad so they bore the brunt.

Really, if I were Rooney I’d be livid that Capello and his team of clowns had put me in that situation, though I’m sure he’s delighted to have his time in the Murdoch era.

binners

What comes out yet again, from this whole sorry saga, is Postman Pat’s absolutely appalling man-management skills.

So Rio found out that he was no longer captain by reading it in the press? I’m not bloody surprised he’s hardly getting the best out of the players if he thinks that’s an acceptable way to treat people

GlitterGary
    Free Member

To be fair to Capello, I think he has handled it well.

If I were manager I’d probably hire one of those planes with a banner on the back to fly past Rio’s home, saying “Rio, you aren’t captain” or send him a giant cake with “I love JT more than you” or something like that on it.

But more to the point, what exactly does the captain do? Lift the World Cup first? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

The very last thing I am is a fan of the English football team. their arrogance, pretty much to a man, disgusts me

Can’t say that now Jack Wilshire is in the team. He actually seems to give a damn about playing for his country.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, Wilshere’s a decent player Jamie, I just wish he’d given more young players a chance.

Apart from Carroll, Wilshere and Jarvis it’s the same old tired faces who have performed so well for us in the past.

jam-bo

and has to win the toss

that must take years of training…

higgo
    Free Member

Rooney knows who pays his wages.
    United > England
    You can stick your flipping England up your bottom.

And my views on John Terry (as a man) would probably get me banned. Ignoring his personal problems, he was a half-decent player in his prime though.

poppa
    Free Member

And my views on John Terry (as a man) would probably get me banned.

Too raunchy?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Brave John Terry (WARNING – Football content)’ is closed to new replies.