Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Brass Monkeys Rd 2 Roll Call
  • akira

Fifth fat biker, not sure there was double figures in the category though! Not ridden much recently so suffered on the fourth lap and got slight cramp in one leg. Fun though.

sarpullido
    Free Member

Good course! Heard it’d be flat but as the time passed by seemed hillier and hillier. Missed the start because I forgot to put the number on the bars, ouch!!
    Lap 5th stopped twice to tighten saddle and lost 3 minutes or so. Overall 7th 4h vets and 1st on ss. Yup!!

Also another guy on ss missed the start and passed me very quickly. He stopped to put air on rear tyre and easily passed me again but he didn’t finish?? Intrigued.

bigdaddy

15th I think in vets 2hr – I really enjoyed myself, even if I was a bit slow! Suffering a bad back, which flared up mid race, and then an over the bars incident on lap 3 didn’t help that! Also put a nice gash in my knee for good measure, but twas all good. Great course, as ever from Gorrick – a good morning!

DrP

Sarpudullo.. You the chap with the accent and big beard? If so,I really felt for you as I prodded by twice on lap five… (on one ss)..
    You were faster, but could see how annoying the saddle issue was!

Think I was 13th in cat, 2/3 ss I suspect…

DrP

stayhigh

Well I really enjoyed that in an omg I’m going to die now kinda way 😆 Thought the course was great fun and held up really well given the weather. I even made it out for a extra lap so pleased with that 🙂

johnny

That was one of those races where the first two laps felt like I had nothing in the legs, so the choice of SS was not the best option… sat in the mid 20’s and held it together for the end- 21st 4hr vets, 3rd SS (of 5…)

Sarpudillo, you came past me on the first lap- I kept with you for a bit, at the expense of my lungs! Great riding for 7th!

akira

Kudos to the guy on the Moonlander, think that would have been quite a handful to get round.

DrP

Are the results out?

DrP

They are… Think I WAS second ss…
    6 laps in 4:20:06.
    Javier (ss rider with saddle issues!) 5 min ahead…

Chuffed!

DrP

akira

Where did you find the results, not up on gorrick page yet.

Kryton57

Yes likewise DrP?

Yak

36th in 2hr male. Think that’s a fair reflection of my current state of fitness, but enjoyed it anyway. Could have started a bit further up though. Course was great – well done Gorrick. Mrs Yak had a decent race and came 2nd vet female 4hr. Well done Sarpudillo!

Kryton57

I’ve just realised the next round is in the same place as the Torq in your sleep. Where do they park you – in the field?

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, was a different part of the field last year, but still the field.

22nd in 2 hour here, had a nice time riding around chatting! Far more fun than trying to be competitive!

sarpullido
    Free Member

Hey DrP, yes that was me.
    Were you stopped at the top of a climb with cramp problems?
    Your first lap times are super fast compared to the last ones.

stayhigh

Pics here:

http://www.kevinsheldrakephotography.com/Cycle-races/Brass-Monkey-2015-R2

There seemed to be a lot of other photographers there today but no mention on Brass Monkey fb page.

DrP

Sarpudillo..yes, that was me squatting!
    Was doing fine till killer cramp kicked in! Could no longer put the power down after that!

DrP

Kryton57

Good grief. One of my crashes must have been worse than I thought, I’ve woken up this morning after a bad nights sleep feeling like I’ve been in a car crash – pain all over!

gazhurst
    Free Member

17th in the 2hr here and considering the superstars that turned up for the race (Phil Pearce had 9 minutes on me by the end of the first lap!!!), a skinful of vodka the night before with a 3am bed time and a slowly leaking rear tyre….I’m fairly happy

Nice consistant lap times…just not fast enough 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

Phil pretty much put minutes into everyone on every lap!

Kryton, weren’t you just doing xc this year due to lower risk of injury 😉

So round 3, what’s Minley Manor like? Might sign up for that.

Kryton57

Lol, it would have been a lot worse at 35mph in a crit.

I likes Minley, the singltrack is a bit more “woodsy” and not made of pine trees, some exposed double track I’d say a bit faster than this weekend per lap.

ant77
    Free Member

Enjoyed that.

Full susser was probably overkill, as was the butcher/purgatory combo. Might see if I can get some faster rolling tyres for next time.
    Ended up comfortably mid pack (in fact, exactly halfway in the 2 hour race)
    Also need to not be sitting in the car at 9.50 either to start a little further up the grid, first singletrack section was carnage!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Also need to not be sitting in the car at 9.50

🙂

Do wonder what folk do for warm up for these races. Normally for road/TT I’d be on the rollers/turbo. In short course XC I’d probably ride the course and do some sharper efforts. Bit lost as to what to do for these as a lap is a bit too long and the weather not warm up friendly. Was a bloody fast start too in the 2hr (for me anyway.)

had a nice time riding around chatting! Far more fun than trying to be competitive!

Njee, impressed you can chat at an avg hr of 183 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Yep! Always had a high HR, no issues chatting until 190ish!

DrP

Do wonder what folk do for warm up for these races.

My standard approach is to sit in the van moaning about the naff weather adn thinking about Sunday roasts.. contemplating going home.

DrP

stayhigh

My warm up consisted of desperately running for the start line after barely signing in on time 😳

Must be more organised next time…

Kryton57

I’ve woken up this morning after a bad nights sleep feeling like I’ve been in a car crash – pain all over!

Two swollen lymph nodes have made an appearance today – that would explain yesterday’s difficult focus and today’s aches and pains. 🙁

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Brass Monkeys Rd 2 Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.