Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brass Monkey Summer Enduro….
  • DrP

Great fun, me thinks!
    The course was riding brilliantly – it’s like it’s a different course in the dry, compared to the gopping weather of the winter series!

This was my first 6 hour enduro (after 2 weeks off the bike to let my heel heal..)

I was pleased with 10th in my cat – on the single speed with wife beater vest no less!
    The usual suspects were storming ahead – 11 laps for the top two was a cracking effort!

Great fun, and well organised 🙂

Anyone got any pics to share?

DrP

TiRed

Finished decidedly mid-pack in the Vets 2hr on my SS. This despite a front wheel puncture, a buckled wheel on a corner, reseated tyre with CO2 and about a third of a lap on the rim. Tyre was rubbing the fork at the end. And only two rides old (wheel not the tyre 🙁 ). No cramp this time, and I rather liked passing people on the long climb. Great fun in fine conditions.

gee
    Free Member

Yes it was an amazing lap, the first half was really lumpy and had a lot of power climbs, the second had one massive climb and then was a little tamer. The first half really took it out of me! Sadly I got a puncture when leading by 2 mins. I fixed it and kept going but had dropped to 5th. I chased and chased, ended up comfortably back in 2nd but just couldn’t close Tim down. I managed to close to only 2mins by the end but I was absolutely spent. Sitting here writing this I’m absolutely ruined. Can barely move. What a hard race! The chasing meant absolutely nothing less than giving it 100% every lap hoping I’d make up more time. Looking on timelaps, Tim’s laptimes were about 5-10secs slower than mine, apart from one where I felt like I was going to pass out. Never felt like that before, got all dizzy and unbalanced. Kept going hoping it would go away, took some gels and felt a bit better.

More like this please!

pete68
    Free Member

Did the 6hr vets. Got 12th in cat with 8 laps. Quite happy with that. Nice to ride a dry course for a change.

agree with DrP really good course all ridable on the SS missed out a couple of the nasty climbs that they used in the past thank god as they would have got me walking. Got myself a 11th place in my cat for the 6hr really really pleased with that as it the first it I have race the SS for that length of time. Oh and a little bit sun burnt too

DT78
    Free Member

11th in 4hr very pleased. Absolutely stormer of a course and day. Couldn’t help but keeping hitting those little jumps every lap. Warning signs for cramp at 3hr meant I had to slow on lap 5 but recovered enough to put in a decent final lap. Some how I got messed up with timings, maybe because it started on the half hour as I thought I had time to do a 7th…

Kind of wish I’d gone for the 6hr now, but I wasn’t keen on a super early start.

I wish the weather had been like this for erlstoke last weekend!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Stunning course and beautiful conditions, absolutely loved it but hit the wall just before the 4 hour mark and suffered like a dog for the last 2.

Glad we could rekindle our Brass Monkeys bromance for a few laps Dr P, before you left me for someone younger and faster (sob). 😉

ac282

Great race. I stupidly managed to clip a fence post on the first lap and went down pretty hard but luckily the bike was OK I could keep going.

I finished with 10 laps on 5.58. I bottled out of an 11th lap as I was already blown by then.

I’ve just spent a rather painful 20 minutes picking gravel out of my elbow.

Does anybody know if any one was taking photo’s at the event

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Mike from 1st Gear Cycles is hoping to get his pics up tomorrow.

There was at least one other guy taking snaps early on, not seen them though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brass Monkey Summer Enduro….’ is closed to new replies.