Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brant….seeing as you're floating around here again.
  • deviant
    Free Member

Like a d@@khead I cabled tied my brake hoses to the crown of my fork for neatness reasons, unfortunately this has worn a shallow groove in the crown steerer unit, not so much that I think it will fail but it’s got me thinking about new forks.

Bike is a Ragley Piglet-2 and perusing some of the MBR threads it seems our American cousins are obsessed with squeezing 650b wheels in frames not initially designed for them.
    A few people reckon a Piglet-2 will take a 650b rear wheel, if this is the case I’ll buy a 650b fork and future proof the hefty beast…if not I’ll buy a 26 specific item, what say you Brant?

brant
    Free Member

I didn’t design or see the drawings for the Piglet 2. So don’t know.

It’ll probably take a skinny 650B tyre, but that seems fairly pointless or even a negative really.

deviant
    Free Member

Cheers, 26 it is then!

lunge

650b front, 26″ back maybe?

Northwind

How about one of those Xfusions that are 26 and 650b compatible? (do 26 inch tyres work in most 650b forks? I can imagine the bulge might be in teh wrong place…)

deviant
    Free Member

I have a set of 650b wheels in the loft from when I had my 45650b, only way to be sure is to try it for size, tyre on the rear wheel is a 2.25 Ardent if memory is correct….if it fits I’ll order a 650b fork!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hijack alert. Are there any cheap 26 frames that will take 650b wheels and fork? Looking to build a dirt jump bike with some spare kit see…

Conan257
    Free Member

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Hijack alert. Are there any cheap 26 frames that will take 650b wheels and fork? Looking to build a dirt jump bike with some spare kit see…

I’ve just bought a Dartmoor Hornet… Very nice, especially in the Petrol colour… It is designed for both 26″ and 650b…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes thanks I’ve seen those. I know they are very cheap but was thinking even cheaper … hence second hand 26″ !

beagle
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chromag-stylus-frame-medium-fox-36-float-forks-300-301

Awesome frame. I’ve seen them with 650b tyres in as they were designed to take whopping 2.5s in whistler.

Versatile frame which won’t break.

deviant
    Free Member

Hornet gets my vote, have seen them on German sites for around £160 new….if/when the Ragley breaks I’ll get one….can’t see it happening though, bloody thing is used and abused as my uplift bike and comes bouncing back for more each time!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the tips

welshfarmer

Was looking at one of these from CRC as a HT to run both sizes on the cheap.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fire-eye-hot-tail-hardtail-frame-2015/rp-prod118455

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

OP what did you do in the end regarding 650b on the piglet? I’ve picked up a piglet frame for cheap and might run a 650b with 26″ wheels on it.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Heard of google?

http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5/ragley-piglet-confirmed-650b-pics-723454.html

Not sure of it also helps but I put 650b wheels and fork on my sons small ragley marley successfully.

deviant
    Free Member

Howsyourdad1….the rear (with a 2.25 Ardent) went in ok but was tight….and seeing as the HT doubles as my winter bike I couldn’t quite see the point re. mud clearance.

Coupled to the fact I enjoy stuffing big tyres like 2.35 Magic Mary’s in there and taking it on uplift days and I decided to stay safe and get a 26 inch fork and stick with the smaller wheels for now.

Picked up a lovely brand new Revelation in complete blackness for peanuts as apparently nobody rides 26 inch wheels anymore!
    Fitted the fork this week, bike rides a dream….there’s a coil spring Sektor with both firm and medium springs available for around £100 if anybody wants it and can poke up with a small groove worn in the crown steerer unit.

hora
    Free Member

67.5’er sounds good. I tried it and liked it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thanks Deviant, yeah plan is actually to get a 26″ fork in the end, have seen some bargains around. Just want to get it up and running first really and i have a 650b sektor in the shed. will pick up some cheap 26″ wheels and build it up, see how it goes. there is a new pump track near and 26″ is calling.

edit: where did you get the revelation from for peanuts?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brant….seeing as you're floating around here again.’ is closed to new replies.