Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brands making interesting, quirky bike stuff
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Having just bought the Portland Design Works Bird bottle cage for my commuting road bike its got me looking at other bike stuff brands that make nice, interesting kit.

So what other brands are making stuff that most people don’t know about. I know KCNC and Jagwire, cable related stuff, make some nice bits but what else is there.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

A few come to mind… King Cage also do some funky waterbottle cages.

Mucky nuts do some bar end plugs that lets you use beer bottle caps as end plugs

Trimix
    Free Member

Check this chap out – not just bits, but whole bikes that are quirky: http://clelandcycles.wordpress.com/philosophy/

Northwind

Specialized, ironically, make some clever wee toys, I love their topcap chain tool- go go gadget steerer tube!

warpcow
    Free Member

Vecnum have an interesting looking dropper alongside a fugly helmet and carbon strap thing for a poor man’s TALAS.

hatter

Loads of little brands out there, still ploughing their furrow in the face of relabeled Chinese generica.

a few faves:

Paul’s Components

Rivendell Bike Works

Tune

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m aware of all 3 companies in hatter link. Some great stuff on Rivendell Bicycle Works site.

mudrider
    Free Member

Trimix – Member
    Check this chap out – not just bits, but whole bikes that are quirky: http://clelandcycles.wordpress.com/philosophy/

And judging by this video his bikes though quirky, seem to ride well over technical terrain.

rOcKeTdOg
    suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Loads of little brands out there, still ploughing their furrow in the face of relabeled Chinese generica.

a few faves:

Paul’s Components

Rivendell Bike Works

Tune

Never heard of Paul’s Components; what do they do?

winston
    Free Member

I was about to say that back in the day they used to make funky cnc v brakes but that I’m sure they’ve moved on since then……

then I looked at their site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brands making interesting, quirky bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.