Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Brand-X droppers- anyone using one?
  • kayla1
    Free Member

In a bid to to build the ultimate skill and bravery compensator I’m considering one of these new-fangled ‘dropper’ seatposts. As I’m also as tight as a gnat’s chuff I’d like to save some money.

So then, Brand-X droppers- any good?

Ta.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It is made by Tranz-x. I have two of their droppers and they have been faultless for 12 months.

clubby

Early days but got a re branded one on my new Merida. Cables on external ones need to be kept pristine, but mine’s stealth so hopefully will be fine. Under bar lever not the sturdiest but works fine. Absolutely no side movement in the saddle unlike any other dropper I’ve ever had from new.

oldnpastit

Not used it a great deal, but so far seems good.

monkeyboyjc

Had mine only a month or two, it replaced a Thompson – no complaints so far.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

I think this is whats on my cannondale bote. Really like it compared to the fox doss on my other bike

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Not had mine long, but am pleased with it. Got the stealth version, which was simple to fit. Cable operated, nice enough lever, and can unhook to put a normal post in for bikepacking.

nairnster
    Free Member

The lever is the weak link in my opinion. Just feels cheap.

Post itself is good. I wish it had a louder top out clunk

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Can it be serviced at home easily?

TheGingerOne

Can you add a Southpaw lever as an alternative to the stock lever?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

The lever uses a gear cable (with the ender bit at the lever end) so I don’t see why not.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I run one of mine with a SRAM shifter as the actuator and that works fine, anything that pulls the cable 5mm or so will do.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a couple of months and it’s had loads of use. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

monkeyboyjc

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    Can it be serviced at home easily?

No that would void the TWO YEAR warranty – to get my old Thomson post serviced with a new cartridge would have cost more than this post so a two year warranty is a bonus.

TheGingerOne

Cool, if the cabling is the right way around for an aftermarket lever like a Southpaw, then I might well save my money and get one of these instead of the ‘crazy’ money ones whcih all seem to have their flaws.

nosedive
    Free Member

Do they do an external cable one? I can only find stealth ones. I could really do with a decent cheap post, had a nightmare with reverbs recently

qtip

Very happy with mine so far, but it’s early days. I like the remote lever and don’t think it feels particularly cheap – it’s pretty basic, but it doesn’t need to be anything more complicated.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ta for the replies!

rOcKeTdOg

If your bike has a cube dropper you are running a trans x

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Brand-X droppers- anyone using one?’ is closed to new replies.