Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Brand-X Ascend installation
  • hammerite
    Free Member

So I decided to buy the Brand-X Ascend dropper after lots of recommendations on here. I’ve followed the instructions to install the post jut in case but the post doesn’t seem to be working properly. The post hasn’t returned when the cable is pulled and unweighted.

I’ve removed the seatpost from the bike and there doesn’t seem to be any resistance from the switch underneath.

I’ve emailed the supplier. Anyone fitted one? Any ideas? Is a return likely?

oldfart

Sometimes the clamp can be too tight , have you tried backing the bolt off slightly ? I may be wrong but my KS was like that .

hammerite
    Free Member

Not sure it’s the bolt. The little “pin” that the switch seems to need to push against is completely loose, there’s no resistance. It goes up then sometimes doesn’t come back out without shaking the post.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

This concerns me a bit as I’m about to get one of these! All the reviews seem positive, apart from a few who have set up issues. Knowing my luck I’d definitely have set up issues….

kayla1
    Free Member

Mine’s ok and has been for the month or so it’s been on the bike so it sounds like yours might just be a duff one.

coomber
    Free Member

Love mine.

prawny

Yep sounds like a duff one to me, mine works faultlessly. Can’t remember what the actuator bit feels like away from the lever but I had no problems setting it up, and then trimming the cable a couple of days later took about 5 minutes. Not needed to touch it since then

monkeyboyjc

I had no issues with mine – getting the installation of the cable correct, like all cable operated stealth seatposts, is key. Sounds like it’s not within the correct tolerances to allow the post to return.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

How long have you guys had yours?

swavis

I’ve had one for about 3 weeks and I’m really impressed, feels much more solid than my spongy reverb. I just fitted one to the wife’s bike too. I don’t think I’d bother with anything else now.

monkeyboyjc

I ‘had’ mine for 6months with no issues at all – swapped it for an Easton dropper when they were reduced at crc purely for vanity reasons so that it ‘matches’ my stem.

prawny

Still early days on mine, only about 4 rides. No reason to think otherwise.

pickle
    Free Member

Same as above, been on about 4 or 5 rides and it’s been faultless so far.

As said before, the cable fitment is critical but once fitted I’ve not had to do anything with it.

If the clamp is too tight though it will stop it from returning properly.

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I sent a video of what was happening in my email to the shop and they in turn forwarded it to the distributor. Seems it could well be a faulty post/actuator. They’ve agreed for me to send the post only back for them to look at, this way I can keep the internal routing in place.

Communication so far have been excellent.

mike399
    Free Member

Mine has been great. I have used it for about 3 months and it is still like new.

OP – Yours does sound duff. Did you buy from CRC? As many (me included) bought the post with the 2 yr warranty in mind, it would be good to hear how you get on with them sorting you out with a replacement.

mikertroid
    Free Member

6 intensive months on mine. Works perfectly still.

sambob
    Free Member

Really hoping Brand-X do a 150 or 170 version soon! Seems to be both one of the cheapest and most reliable posts around

hammerite
    Free Member

Mike – no not from CRC but from Ubyk. They’ve done well so far.

hammerite
    Free Member

Posted the seatpost back last Thursday, new one arrived yesterday. I think between that period Ubyk had to send it off to the distributor to have it looked before approvingly the replacement. All done with minimal hassle.

New one works great, although I’ve only gone for a quick test ride down the street.

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone had any side to side play in the dropper? Thinking about getting one as they are down to £105. My giant dropper has about half an inch of play now and it’s driving me nuts.

Seen to many posts about reverbs recently to put me off and the fox transfer is pricey.

Cheers

prawny

There a bit of wiggle on mine, only with the hand though, don’t notice it on the bike at all.

hammerite
    Free Member

A very tiny amount in mine.

kayla1
    Free Member

There’s a smidge (metric, not imperial) on mine if you try to move it with your hand but it’s not noticeable when I’m riding the bike.

mike399
    Free Member

As above, there is a very small amount as with most droppers but dont notice it on the bike.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Brand-X Ascend installation’ is closed to new replies.