• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brand X accend ii post questions.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

So all you lot that bought brand X posts how you finding them .

Not overly impressed with mine after riding it today

Fitted it yesterday and noted a slight bit of fore and aft play (along with an expected slight tiny bit of rotational place)

After today’s ride the fore and aft play Is more pronounced the rotational play is more pronounced and rather more worryingly it seems to have developed a 10mm suspension seat post action.

My KS on the other bike was a similar price and doesn’t do any of that.

Just wanting to check it’s not normal…. Either way it’s going back- if this is normal then I don’t need another.

teethgrinder

Not had a chance to try the xl I bought yet, but if mine does that it’s going back ASAP

Simon

Done 200km on my XL so far, fore/aft & rotational play hasn’t got any worse and no sag.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is the whyte drop-it the ascend 2 rebadged Anyone?

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve just (today) fitted external ones to each of our bikes- there’s no fore and aft play but there’s a smidge (tiny, tiny smidge) of rotation on my OH’s. The ones we had previously (on the bikes that were nicked) were stealth and were the same as far as play went and had been fine for the 6-odd months we had them fitted. No sag on any of them.

Yak

Just fitted and rode mine today. There is a tiny amount of rotational play from the start, but nothing to notice when riding. No sag. Very impressed so far, but only 1 ride in.

trail_rat
    Free Member

to quantify when fully extended my post seems to rock back and forth from the seal.

yesterday it seemed to be about 1 or 2 mm total movement at the extreme , now it seems like 5mm fore and aft at the tip.

like wise yesterday the rotational was slight at best- today its probably 2 degrees or so each way.

and its not so much sag but if i push down – say to test suspension then it moves 10mm down. dont notice it moving as such when riding but doesnt seem right.

my other dropper is the cheapest KS do and seems to manage at these things with only very very slight rotational play.

Yak

Ok then, just looked and there is a bit of fore and aft play too. No sag though. Did you pick it up with the saddle down?

trail_rat
    Free Member

No and more than that as my riding buddy’s will attest I rarely even dropped it let alone left it dropped. I just don’t like it low even when decending . Going to have to get used to that.

Yak

Doesn’t sound right then. You don’t want an unnecessary suspension seatpost.

How about the play – same for other folk?

jamiep
    Free Member

1mm of play. Happy with that as it seems normal and typically doesn’t get worse (according to long term use tests of the stealth version). No sag

eviljoe
    Free Member

Been riding mine (120mm external model) for 2 weeks now, very pleased. Small amount of fore-back play, but really tiny in comparison to some, and completely unnoticeable when actually riding.

I still have no idea how to route the noodle for the remote though. A very odd set up that.

Yak

Noodle – over the top of the brake then turn to give a cable run parallel to the brake hose. It’s a bit tight with shimano’s.

Well that’s what I assumed. Might be better methods.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brand X accend ii post questions.’ is closed to new replies.