Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Brand X 150mm dropper
  • mattherby
    Free Member

So it’s out and on sale at CRC with 2 ‘paid’ reviews.

Any here have this dropper? If so I have a few questions to answer if possible.

How does it feel, the 120mm gets good reviews so should realistically feel and worn like that one

And what it the length from rails to end of post including actuator? I think it’ll fit in my large Reign from the measurements I’ve taken… my seat Rail to link in seat tube is 494mm but if anyone has the measurements that would help massively

joebristol

Bit gutted about this as I bought the 120mm and it’s great. Had a 100mm dropper before that and thought that was plenty.

But now I want more!!

For the 120mm it’s smooth / hasn’t needed any maintenance so far / only had a tiny bit of twist play from new and hasn’t got any worse. Would definitely buy one again. Just must resist the 150mm…..

ogden
    Free Member

£148 for the Brand X but only £209 for a reverb now though

CheesybeanZ

Slam69 has the 150mm in Stock , £149.99 I think .

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bit gutted about this as I bought the 120mm and it’s great. Had a 100mm dropper before that and thought that was plenty.

Tell me about it, I paid £200odd for a Shimano Pro dropper only to discover its near as dammit an Brand X clone with a different head (easy to use, but slips occasionally) but it was okay, I can only fit a 120mm due to a high seat clamp and short legs relative to my height.

I’ve been slowly rising for the last couple of weeks… I could probably sneak a 150mm in now.

joebristol

My bike has a short seat tube vs the long reach so you can fit big droppers in – pretty sure I’d fit in a 150mm version. Grrrr.

core

Just ordered one, should go on my Aeris build ok with 5-10mm to spare, gotta try it!

Will update when it arrives, if I remember…..

prawny

Another formerly happy 120mm Brand X user that could fit a 150mm on.

I’d definitely have one, the 120mm has been perfect, way better than my previous KS eten. The only saving grace is that I can fit a crud guard on the 120 but wouldn’t be able to on a 150.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Any feed back on the amount of side to side waggle at the saddle nose?

I have a KS lev which is great in operation but I hate the amount of movement at the head.

I used to have a reverb which has maybe 1-2mm the lev is more like 4mm+

Would be great to if the Brand X is a lot tighter tolerance.

joebristol

It does t have much play at all. Just a couple of mm of twist I guess.

Compared to the rsp plummet (mechanical one) it’s got very tight tolerances. The plummet I have on my other bike twists / waggles side to side / front to back etc. I have to admit I don’t notice that when I’m riding though and the thing just keeps working despite never having had a change of cable or any maintenance.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

thanks Joe.

Kamakazie

Hmmm 150mm BrandX or 170mm Reverb.
    I think I would benefit from the extra drop but absolutely hate the remote 😕

pickle
    Free Member

been running the 120 version for a while now and it’s been faultless.

Will get a 150 version when the stock cheap one goes on my full suss.

brassneck

Could you waverers start posting your 120mm to classifieds, ideally with race to the bottom pricing? Thanks! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Brand X 150mm dropper’ is closed to new replies.