Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brand spanking new pro2 evo hub. Pawls noise?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

I’ve just got myself a gorgeous set of purple hubbed Hope Hoops.

I thought the pawls connecting made a loud clicking? The freehub seems to make next to no noise at all on pawl connection. I’ve read up and people say that if its not noisy its because the pawls aren’t contacting properly but on spinning the hub body I can feel them contacting and locking in.

I bought my last set 4 years ago and I’m a bit foggy as to whether they have some sort of bedding in? It looks like theyve been generous with their Mobil grease!

wwaswas

They’ve changed the free hub design so it’s quieter plus they’re always quiet with new grease .

ryderredman
    Free Member

Thanks wwaswas. So its normal that there is essentially no noise coming from it?

bigjim

it’ll get loud soon!

Rorschach
    Free Member

smatkins1
    Free Member

After a few rides in the rain it’ll get louder 😉

breadcrumb

I wouldn’t say mine was quiet when I got it but the grease beds in and it gets louder with time.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

My new hubs are definitely quieter than my old ones, but the trademark clicking is still there, which I find useful for alerting other riders or pedestrians as I approach them.

rOcKeTdOg

Stick it on an orange 5 swingarm & be prepared to don some ear defenders

pedlad

breadcrumb – Member
    I wouldn’t say mine was quiet when I got it but the grease beds in and it gets louder with time.

this. Mine are a bit louder 6 months on

crouchingpig
    Free Member

I got a set of Pro 2 Evo’s a month back, silent.

Within 2-3 miles, noisy as anything. Go ride and enjoy. 8)

vincienup
    Free Member

Pro 2’s in ‘hub too quiet’ shocker! 🙂

No pleasing some people… It’ll return though. So long as the hub pucks up on engagement and freewheels when it should it’s all good. Probably down to grease distribution or choice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brand spanking new pro2 evo hub. Pawls noise?’ is closed to new replies.