Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brand new rubeless Racing Rallph – one nail puncture – wont seal !
  • noltae
    Free Member

A small nail went through tyre – there is no visable hole – plenty of fresh sealant but it won’t seal – it just gushes out of the puncture.. Ahhhggh! Thought Stans was meant to be the best sealant – last time I tried to patch from inside it failed miserably – any tips ?

mintimperial

I use this tubeless repair kit, alternatives are available etc etc. I’ve also had success with shoe-repair superglue and a normal puncture patch inside the tyre, if you’re feeling skint.

z1ppy

I’ve happily used normal patches successfully.
    Dry it out, sand it down and patch…

noltae
    Free Member

Well I’ll be skint at this rate two rear tyres in a month and too much time spent sorting it out ! Also thinking about making some diy sealent!

boxelder

Ive fixed cuts and holes successfully on rides using kits similar to above – you don’t need to break the bead seal to fix, so they re-inflate with a trail pump.

noltae
    Free Member

I can always manage to get the bead to seal – had the real wheel off six time in two weeks – makes me want to quit riding !!!

Northwind

Normal patch on the inside should sort it. But it’ll happen again ime, Ralphs are some of the puncturiest tyres i’ve ever used.

Stans is good stuff but the thinner the tyre wall, the less well it’ll seal holes. Some folks recommend adding glitter to give it extra sealing- I don’t know if it actually does, but it does make it sparkly, which is just as good.

STATO
    Free Member

I just fixed a hole in a sidewall using one of the weldtite worm things. Dead easy and cheap.

noltae
    Free Member

Thanks for tips – had a word with LBS – the owner knows Schwalbe UK really well and said if I’d have bought it from him he’d have replaced tyre – but I got it from CRC – what I don’t get about patching from inside is that surely one is stopping the sealent permutation of hole ? Never had an issue fixing punctures on tubes but had little success patching inner carcass ..

Northwind

noltae – Member

what I don’t get about patching from inside is that surely one is stopping the sealent permutation of hole ?

If you’ve patched it, the sealant doesn’t need to do anything.

The worms are great, but if there’s not a visible hole it’s harder to know where to put it, and they’re a bit more expensive.

fibre
    Free Member

I’ve been meaning to buy a tubeless repair kit, I have however successfully fixed two big holes that were struggling to seal with small twigs that I’ve used to plug the hole 😀 .

1000 miles into my tubeless experience with no flats, I’ve had\found about 20+ moments\objects that would have punctured a tube.

Very happy overall, I won’t be going back to tubes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brand new rubeless Racing Rallph – one nail puncture – wont seal !’ is closed to new replies.