Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Brand new or second hand build?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Looking at getting a 160mm since I’ve sold my DH bike and hoping to go to the alps this summer with a bud.

I’ve got some 26er wheels left from when I turned my BFe into a Solaris, so I was thinking of buying a frame, fork and some other bits second hand, then buying the remainder brand new and and doing a build.

However, I’ve been pricing it up and don’t believe that its going to be very cost effective. I’ve seen the Rose Uncle Jimbo’s for <2K and also live near Bath so would hopefully be able to test ride. I’m imagining that its going to end up being ~£1200 to go for a 26 mix or £1800 for a brand new bike?

Essentially WWSTWD?

v666ern
    Free Member

I’m doing the same as you, I’ve ordered an uj2, test riding this thurs with fin

ryderredman
    Free Member

Were you choosing between second hand too? Just thinking what’s the point in paying all that money for non new stuff that I could have to service?

v666ern
    Free Member

Ive even made a spreadsheet of all the bikes I’m interested in /similar to compare pm me if you like. Also have a look at radon bikes too

v666ern
    Free Member

I’d snapped my cubes seat stay hadn’t realised bought new wheels and forks!
    I’m lucky my wife agrees with my idea of if it’s all new and it snaps again I have a warranty (I’m a serial 2nd hander bargain spotter so I’ll just have to wind in the need to make improvements)
    I really like the rose model where you can swap components too

Are you off thurs, im at Ashton court trying a large and xl (6′ 13st) and if fins ok with it I don’t mind you coming

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Brand new or second hand build?’ is closed to new replies.