Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brambles & nettles
  • matther01
    Free Member

Is it me or are they worse than last year.

Just come home and look I’ve had a fight with a chainsaw!!

Del

😉

matther01
    Free Member

Not sure I could strap those to the front of my bike? 😉

d45yth
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few on here who make a jam, soup or some type of drink with them. Tell them where they’re at, and maybe that will help to get them cleared? 🙂

mrben100
    Free Member

matther01 – Member
    Not sure I could strap those to the front of my bike?

/runs to shed to see if this is possible/

If only….. 💡

MrOvershoot

Much worse than last year, mild winter followed by mild wet spring and bingo we have super brambles & giant nettles 😮

evening rides see me return like a self harming expert!!

IdleJon

d45yth – Member
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few on here who make a jam, soup or some type of drink with them. Tell them where they’re at, and maybe that will help to get them cleared?

Too late for nettle soup according to my books – it’s best with early season nettles, don’t use them after May. I haven’t tried so don’t know whether it’s right.

Raymond

Yes, really bad this year. I came back from a ride this week looking like I’d been self harming.

MoreCashThanDash

Could do with a bit of sprain to help plump up the blackberries – the purple light at the end of the scratchy tunnel

Anna-B
    Free Member

Too late for nettle soup according to my books

It is too late. I made nettle and wild garlic soup in Spring, it was lovely. I took pleasure in the fact that I was picking them from the side of one of the best ST in the area, that becomes impassable in Summer. Everyone get out and make soup in spring!

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Yup, real bad round here too. Also looking like a self harmer currently. It’s fine, soon be winter…. 😆

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Yeah deffo worse this year.

I have found that savalon has been excellent at getting rid of stinger rashes and inflamed scratches from brambles.

stu170
    Free Member

Just me that loves the scratches and stings, and wear them with pride

thebrowndog
    Free Member

My son rode into a dense patch of nettles last week and stopped on the other side to bemoan their existence, leaving me to stop in the middle of them. They heard my screams in the next village.

psling
    Free Member

A riding friend of mine has had heart surgery. We come back proudly wearing the congealed scratches of battle; he comes back with his arms covered in a film of thinned blood!

shedfull
    Free Member

And the flies are everywhere this year! I’m on an involuntary, high-protein diet just by riding a few km. I’m going to suggest that Strava do a Lord of the Flies award for the most eaten when riding a segment.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brambles & nettles’ is closed to new replies.