Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brakes not working
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

I just come back off holiday and my bikes been upside down for a while, the front brake now comes straight to the bar. Is there any tip for sorting this that doesn’t require bleeding?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Try zip tie round brake lever or elastic band…. Leave overnight and let lever off slowly. Helps to periodically tap hose and caliper. This may work…. Also make sure reservoir full of fluid!

seavers
    Free Member

Turn it the right way up! Better still store it the right way up if you can.

Leave it (right way up) for a bit and then pump the leavers. It they should get better but you may still need a bleed. Avids by any chance?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Shimano xt’s

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The holding the brake lever trick is good for a short term fix but just get them bled; it’s the only way to fix it properly.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Oh may also help to advance pads a bit…. Pop off caliper and give the lever a full pump. You should see pistons move out and return a little further in than before. This should stiffen lever up a bit…. What brakes?

May need a full bleed but worth a try!

Shorty121
    Free Member

I was hoping to get a quick fix until my bleed kit arrives I think

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Get on your bike…. Once the air is out its out….. Unless you have a leak somewhere! The lever to bar trick has worked many many times for loads of people…. I am convinced people bleed at any opportunity…. You really don’t need to if you understand what’s happening! It’s usually unessesary bleeding that messes things up.

Good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brakes not working’ is closed to new replies.