Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brake upgrade options
  • mtb1992
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Looking to upgrade my brakes currently using avid and have had nothing but probs with them.. binding on disc and clicking. I have adjusted them and also nipped them tight and tightened the bracket up but till bind whilst out riding and they squeek alot too. brand new pads in and disc

thanks
    tom

simmy
    Free Member

Putting my Avids in the bin and buying some Shimano Deore was the best upgrade I made.

mtb1992
    Free Member

guess you had alot of probs too? what model deore did you go for? im sick of avids worse brakes iv had i had some cheap hayes ones and they never gave any bother. lol

tom

cookeaa

I would keep an eye on the prices of SLX M675 for a little while, the impending M7000 will probably help devalue any remaining stock…

mtb1992
    Free Member

ill keep an eye heard good reviews about them. there 44 quid on chain reaction at the moment.

simmy
    Free Member

I got these and new discs at the same time, they had a deal when I bought mine so it’s worth shopping about.

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-deore-m615-disc-brakes-front-rear-set-62194.html

Like cookeaa said, keep an eye on the prices of all the Shimano brakes as they do get deals at times.

mtb1992
    Free Member

yeah deffinatly well i resorted back to my old hayes brake for now. they do the job but not what i ideally want.
    ill keep checking on prices tho.

tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brake upgrade options’ is closed to new replies.