Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brake upgrade help …..
  • baz2963
    Free Member

Hi,

Im running a set of Elixir 3’s on my bike and am not that impressed with them, the fade is awful and has caught me out going into a few corners.

What would be a good upgrade from these ?? .. I was looking at Hope Tech V2’s but they seem to have mixed reviews ??

Thanks

stevemtb
    Free Member

What size of rotors are you running? Bigger rotors shouldn’t overheat as much.

I have problems with cooking the brakes too as I carry a bit too much weight. Also have the tendancy to drag the brakes. Might be worth trying to brake less and harder.

Not tried the V2s yet, got a set waiting to fit to a bike but my mate who I bought them from never cooked them – mind you he never seems to have a problem with the anyway.

cubemeup
    Free Member

have a look at the formula rx

haggis1978

formula have special offers on their website for Oros. might need to juggle your shifter configuration a bit though. i got a set of oro biancos on one bike and they proved to be awesome and compared to my elixir CRs they are tons better. Even had to buy a second set. They look fantastic as well

http://store.formula-brake.com/items/brake-set-oro-bianco

baz2963
    Free Member

I’m running a 203/185 so shouldnt need for them to be bigger .. Im just under 13 stone so not too heavy.

Maybe I need to slow down abit, Im hard on bikes…

baz2963
    Free Member

The Formulas look nice .. would I be able to run the Avid rotors with them ??

neninja
    Free Member

If you fancy Hope a mate is running a set of M4 Tech and loves them.

I’m using Formula RX and they are excellent – controllable but loads of power.

nickjb
    Free Member

Shimano. Not fancy, they just work

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d be looking at the new shimano SLX or XT

Northwind

baz2963 – Member

The Formulas look nice .. would I be able to run the Avid rotors with them ??

Yep, but if you get the Oro sets from the Formula factory store they come with rotors too. Ridiculously good deal that, they’re old brakes but they’re still excellent.

Tech X2 is a decent enough brake but it’s uncompetitive on price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brake upgrade help …..’ is closed to new replies.