Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brake upgrade for Orange Crush – options?
  • simonsl8er

Ok, so I’m sure there are loads of posts on here about disc brakes but my question isn’t “overall” which are best or most powerful, I’ve googled the arse off those questions, it’s more specific;

I’ve gone from serious mountain biker to roadie and triathlete and although I’ve kept my Orange 5 I haven’t ridden it “properly in years”.
    So, I’m finally selling it off (in bits probably) and have bought an Orange Crush so I can have fun on the local bridalways and trails – and if I venture to Wales again it’ll still cope, although I may not!

The stock brakes on the Crush are crap and I want to upgrade but I don’t know what’s really best for me anymore. I’m 6ft2″, 94kg and am used to Hope E4’s with 203/180mm rotors on my Five.
    I’m not going to be riding bike parks but want to have a blast on single-track as an when I can – and I want to be able to stop!!

Do I go with another set of Hopes (E4 or X2) or SRAM Guide, and are the RSC worth the premium over the RS? Or possibly even Shimano XT. Having had 4 pot brakes for years dropping to 2pot worries me slightly with my weight in mind but I know things have moved on massively while I’ve been riding fancy carbon TT bikes!!

So. Thoughts, comments based on the above please, all help welcomed

Cheers

ljs1977
    Free Member

In true recommend what you have got, I have an upgraded Crush with Hope E4’s 203 and 180’s which is complete over kill but i’m fat and I like them so…

In all honesty, my XT’s on my old Scott Scale were not a patch on these. the feel and adjustability is fantastic and they really work!! Plus they look mint 🙂

simonsl8er

Thanks. My E4’s are fairly old now and I was planning on selling them with the Five but may reconsider

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brake upgrade for Orange Crush – options?’ is closed to new replies.