Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake upgrade
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Got a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket, but not loads unfortunately…

Difficult to pick up a 2nd hand set of hopes or XT’s, but on my search I found these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54410

Seems like a great price for what generally has strong positive reviews.

Anyone want to comment on whether its a worthy upgrade for my Juicy 3’s?!

uplink
    Free Member
    alexpalacefan

I;ve heard mixed things. Currrently running a set of these on a 456, awsome brakes.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/MTB++Parts/Brakes/Disc+Brakes/Formula+Disc+Brakes/Formula+Oro+K18+-+F++R+Set+-+White_1210.htm

Formula Oro K18s £140 a set at Merlin.

APF

Conan257
    Free Member

Thats pushing double the cost of the set i’m looking at to be honest… I’m keen on getting rid of the Juicy 3’s after the lack of performance I had on a recent ride, and I just dont think the budget will go beyond £100…

I did see a 2nd hand set of K18’s on the classifieds… Might be worth looking again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Plenty secondhand hopes around last time I looked. I bought 4 sets. Plenty on ebay right now

uplink
    Free Member

Just buy something new for the front for now and then change the back when you’re a bit more flush?

Conan257
    Free Member

Thats looking to be the best option I think… Much as I hate the idea of ill matching levers…

Must be sensible… Must be sensible…

markenduro
    Free Member

Could you upgrade the rotor size on your current brakes? It makes a big difference to the power by upping the rotor size.

Conan257
    Free Member

I could do, but not sure if I should make the effort upping rotor size when I’m in the market for a brake upgrade anyway.

Found an Elixir CR Mag for £109. Which is an immense bargain. Think i’ll be going for that unless I get people screaming “no, dont, the world will end” or similar.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake upgrade’ is closed to new replies.