Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brake Rub
  • aidso
    Free Member

So last night I had to stick a different wheel on my bike as the old one was buckled beyond repair.
    I fitted a new rotor, loosened the rear caliber and then tightened it while holding the brake lever in – to make sure the brakes were straight. Pistons were pushed in etc

Everything seems to be straight but the wheel gets about 90% around and then it rubs. I can’t for the life of me see what’s stopping it. This has happened before on the last wheel and then it just went away. Anyone any ideas?

Brakes are Avid Juicy 3’s

carlos
    Free Member

Could be a slightly bent rotor. Turn the bike upside down and spin the wheel, watch as the rotor passes through the pads for contact on either side and that’ll be it. To straighten it out you can use a clean grease free adjustable spanner, clamp it so its almost touching and just tweek it a little at a time till it clears without rubbing.

rondo101
    Free Member

loosened the rear caliber and then tightened it while holding the brake lever in – to make sure the brakes were straight

Before you attack the rotor with a wrench try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIWGqEE0PY to set the brakes up & see if it still rubs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aidso
    Free Member

It’s a brand new rotor, so it shouldn’t be bent.

cookeaa

Throw the bike away, start again, its the only way to be sure…

billysugger
    Free Member

Put some oil on your discs,pads and levers. You’ll smoke yer mates.

Yeah I’m still bored after Taff sent me back to the 90s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brake Rub’ is closed to new replies.