Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brake rotors – suggestions please
  • sv

Looking a set of discs 203/180 f/r – saw a website link on here a while back they had a few different designs think there was a petal type one. It was a SSC type setup looked to be imported stuff. Anybody remember or have suggestions for a set – brakes are SLX, need to be 6 bolt. Stick with Shimano?

z1ppy

Not exactly what your asking for, but maybe a few different idea's…

http://www.mtb-direct.co.uk/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cat=CAT061122100414

185 rear is over the top most of the time, a 160 would do…
    http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-disc-brake-spares/avid-disc-brake-spares/avid-rotor-sale.html

gamo
    Free Member
    MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ashima rotors are the best – no doubt at all…

MrTall
    Free Member

I have the Shimano RT76 rotors (the ones with the alloy spiders) and think they are very good. Much stiffer than normal rotors which is particularly beneficial if you are running the larger sizes (i also run 203/180) as they don't tend to ching ching ching (hope in particular) like my other rotors do. They stay true for longer as well as they appear to be far stronger than the standard rotors i have in the same size on my other bike.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have imperial rotors, i got them from mtb direct ages ago, think they were about £10 each for 180mm ones.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I got a Superstar disc recently and it has been fine. If you have Juicy 5's though 180mm isn't quite big enough to wear all the pad (should be 185mm) so a small lip forms on the pad.

Rockplough
    Free Member

I have the Shimano RT76 rotors (the ones with the alloy spiders) and think they are very good. Much stiffer than normal rotors which is particularly beneficial if you are running the larger sizes (i also run 203/180) as they don't tend to ching ching ching (hope in particular) like my other rotors do.

+1

juiced
    Free Member

a2z whooley hat shop.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
    abductee
    Free Member

I have imperial rotors, i got them from mtb direct ages ago, think they were about £10 each for 180mm ones.

If they're imperial, why are you measuring them in metric?

Northwind

Ashimas here, still not entirely sure how far I trust them but they work brilliantly and weigh nothing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm liking those Ashima, looks like there's nothing too them though 😕 Will they take a beating/crashing without folding?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ashimas are solid as a rock, mine have been mint for the alst few months

toys19
    Free Member

got 203 superstar rotors on my bullit and my inbred, cheap and great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brake rotors – suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.