Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake rotors
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Do you notice any difference in performance between them? At the moment I’m using Zee brakes with Formula rotors, but I was wondering if there would be any difference if I used Shimano rotors instead.

singlesteed
    Free Member

I think pad whether organic or sintered makes more difference, that’s the Q you should be asking I reckon.

mikey74
    Free Member

I realise that, and I am deliberately ignoring that for the point of this question. Assume the same pads are used for all types.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlesteed
    Free Member

I honestly dont think you’d notice a difference even if there were!

everyone
    Free Member

You’re never going to get the greatest performance if you go for lightweight rotors. Apart from that I reckon they’re all much of a muchness

Northwind

I don’t usually notice a difference. But the lightweight Formula ones are pretty crap- they work fine but they wear very unevenly.

Rotor performance all seems pretty unintuitive- like, I have some Ashima Airotors, you’d think since they have so little metal in them they’d be weaker. But that means the same amount of pressure gets applied over a smaller area, so you end up effectively applying more braking force. In use, they feel just like anything else but there’s probably a lot of maths behind that

iffoverload
    Free Member

tried some of the supercheapo lifeline ones off wiggle, seem better than xt icetec… definately noticed a difference

toys19
    Free Member

superstar basic cheap ones have been great.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I find the two piece shimano ones, with the big black spiders, and smaller brake surfaces, warp less on brake dragging alpine descents.
    Out of the Alps, I’ve been fine with cheap superstar discs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake rotors’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts