Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brake recall for TRP spyres… should i send them back to Taiiwan
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Impatiently bought some Spyres before they were available in the UK..
    For a replacement I need to send them back overseas… Which could take weeks/months.
    Will I die if I keep using them?

peteimpreza

Why not contact the importer and ask their advice?

Info@Upgradebikes.co.uk

wwaswas

Will I die if I keep using them?

yes.

and if you don’t.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

I also ordered my TRP Spyres direct from Taiwan, via an eBay seller, and have just got my brakes swapped by sending them direct to Upgrade. Shoot them an email/or call explaining that you only got them direct from overseas, as no-one in UK had stock, and could you send to them direct.

All they asked me to do is send just the calipers, and attach a copy of my email correspondence and a cover note with my address/number on.

You will have to pay for shipping, but you will get a set, with all the inners/outers, back in a couple of days assuming they have stock.

Contact email/number and stock check here:

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Brakes/Disc/TRP-Syre

cloudnine
    Free Member

They basically told me to send them back to who I bought them from. I just replied saying I needed my bike and couldn’t wait months for a replacement…. and I’m sure they’ll be fine… What could possibly go wrong?

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, if your pads are running low the calipers can stop working.

I would advise contacting them again. As don’t see why they would help me, and not you. Unless you got pissy with them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brake recall for TRP spyres… should i send them back to Taiiwan’ is closed to new replies.