Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brake Problem
  • Bucko

I have Tektro Auriga on my winter bike, i’ve never heard of them before buying my bike and was a little wary but they’ve actually been pretty good up until a few rides ago.

The front brake lever has started pulling all the way to the bars when left for a while (anything over 15 minutes) but it sorts itself out after a few pumps.

I’ve not knowingly done anything at all to cause it, just used it. Does it simply need a bleed or is there another possible cause?

coatesy
    Free Member

Normally very reliable, it’s almost unheard of for us to get any returned with problems(and we sell a lot of bikes equipped with them), but we always make sure we’ve bled the air out of the master cylinder reservoir before they go out.Chances are that if it’s not been done, that little bit of air will find it’s way into the system if the bike is tilted back (wheeling it through trail centre gates etc), or turned upside down. First port of call is to bleed it (unless there’s an obvious leak), then do the other just in case.

creamegg
    Free Member

Have you checked if the pads are worn?

Bucko

The pads are fine. Looks like I may have to learn how to bleed brakes then, I need to rule that out I suppose

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brake Problem’ is closed to new replies.