Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brake Pads – What sort do I want?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Do I want sintered or resin pads, older style XT brakes.

Is Superstar the best place to get them or should I get OEM?

uplink
    Free Member

I tend to run organic front & rear Spring/Summer & organic front, sintered rear for the wetter months

Superstar sintered seem OK to me

ftr1873
    Free Member

I've heard of problems with Superstar, although my own set weren't too bad, the brake surface did peel away from the back when it was quite old. I believe the OEM XT versions are supposed to be good but never used them. I have recently tried A2Z pads in my Formula Oro's and so far they have been good and not expensive.

What uplink says seems a sensible choice for type though, I find bedding the organic pads in helps a lot with the life.

Dropout
    Free Member

I've found the semi-metallic pads from Disco Brakes to be a good compromise between braking power and wear rate. I wasn't impressed with either Shimano or Superstar pads (on Deore brakes), but Disco Brakes pads have been great so far (they're about the same price as Superstar pads too).

Xylene
    Free Member

I've found the semi-metallic pads from Disco Brakes to be a good compromise between braking power and wear rate. I wasn't impressed with either Shimano or Superstar pads (on Deore brakes), but Disco Brakes pads have been great so far (they're about the same price as Superstar pads too).

Just ordered them via their Ebay shop – Bike Fridge – hadn't seen this reply.

Would have gone through their shop but the they charged 2.95 for postage below ten quid which was a pee take since I only needed 10p more to spend.

transporter13
    Free Member

i have used disco brakes a few times over the years and never had a problem with them…i always buy 4 sets at a time so to negate the postage.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Superstar pads have worked great for me this summer. Tried the Kevlar pads recently and liked them a lot – good performance and good pad life (life seems to be at least as good as the sintered – I got 2.5 weeks out of them on the front, which is pretty decent for me!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brake Pads – What sort do I want?’ is closed to new replies.