• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brake pads separated from back plate (NOT SUPERSTAR!)
  • jwt
    Free Member

I bought some Juicy 3’s from an on-line shop for a very good price on the understanding that the rotors were not genuine avid, no mention of the pads.
    This was in June, in September one of the pads fell off the backing (the metal back plates were blue in colour) i emailed the on-line shop explaining this and asking for a replacement as there was still 2mm friction material left. I received no reply.I chalked this up to experience and vowed not to use them again.
    Last night another pad fell off the backing,is it worth mailing the shop again?
    I must stress this company isn’t Superstar! (who I’ve bought headsets and BB’s from and they were even kind enough to send a replacement BB seal FOC after i cracked the first one.)

fizzer
    Free Member

Mine just done the same. Superstar ’nuff said

stevomcd
    Free Member

So let’s get this straight, you want a refund on 8 month-old brake pads?

Are you having a giraffe?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’d like a giraffe?

sc-xc

Steffi Giraffe?

Jenga
    Free Member

Shit happens. Time to move on.

Ah, I see the censor button still exists!

carlos
    Free Member

stevomcd – Member
    So let’s get this straight, you want a refund on 8 month-old brake pads?

Are you having a giraffe?

^^^enough said^^^

Carl

jwt
    Free Member

Fit for purpose?
    Done less than 15 rides?
    I’d be less than happy if they were automotive pads………….
    But yeah, in the bin and forget i suppose.

Probably having C2 pads last 3-4 years hasn’t helped……..

Smee
    Free Member

That’s just not metric. I’ve had a problem with those pads delaminating too.

snaps
    Free Member

What colour are SSC pads?

clubber
    Free Member

i’ve had this happen with hope, ebc and fibrax pads (but not with the superstar ones I’m currently using) over the 12 years i’ve been using discs. That said the pads were usually quite well used when it happens. Just one of those things unfortunately.

fbk
    Free Member

Yep, same here with Formula pads – fell apart after around 4 months. No probs with SSC ones since 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brake pads separated from back plate (NOT SUPERSTAR!)’ is closed to new replies.