Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brake pad help
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

What would be the best brake pad type for long descents in morzine?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Splintered with squirrel fibres for hat anticipation.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I asked the same question of SSC recently and didn't really get a proper answer back. I was looking at their kevlar pads.

I normally run sintered all year around in the peaks.

highclimber
    Free Member

just a min, I need my comfy chair for this discussion…..

Shorty121
    Free Member

Well I was wondering if sintered would boil the fluid quicker rather than the non metal version

Ambrose

Supestar Kevlar ones worked great for me on the PPS recently. And I'm 110kg fully loaded!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

you tubster 😉

enfht
    Free Member

Depends on what tyres you're using

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

kevlar will do you fine i reckon

Onzadog
    Free Member

what's the wear on the kevlars like? Could you reasonably expect a week out of them in the Alps if it stayed dry?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I used mine for a dry week in the alps + half a year in the UK mainly dry riding but the odd bit of mud.
    /edit this is on my DH bike so its not as regularly used as my trail bike. the kevlar pads on my trail bike last probably about a year. riding the gritty wet of Afan killed them fairly sharpish mind you.

Ambrose

Onzadog- depends on your riding style I guess. I always take, and get through, loads of pads and tyres.

Mr Bartlett. All I can say to you is 'Pot' and 'Kettle'. I, like you am nothing more than a huge hunk of burnin lurve, as testified by weirdo woman in Nantsyddion bothy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brake pad help’ is closed to new replies.