Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brake lever as Reverb remote?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Random musings really..

I’m probably going to be replacing my Thomson Dropper when it comes back/is replaced under warranty and I’m probably going to be trying the Reverb next although I don’t really like the remote.

Thomson failed twice, LEV failed twice…

So, could a brake lever work as a remote lever for a Reverb?
    I’m thinking something like an old Hope Mono lever where there’s enough material in the handlebar clamp to attach a new mount to reduce the distance from the lever to the bars, mount it backwards and make a new lever to make it easier to reach..
    Could it work or am I mad? The Reverb just pushes a bit of fluid, like a brake lever, doesn’t it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s a good idea. Try a magura lever or shimano lever though as hope seals will swell in mineral oil.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about one of these instead?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevied
    Free Member

Yep, seen the Novyparts one. Looks good but pretty expensive for what it is.

Think I’ll see if I can pick up an old lever to pull apart and have a look at.

hopkinsgm

In principle, it *might* work, but there’s a little bit more to it than just “pushing a bit of fluid”. You need to know how much fluid you’re pushing and/or how much fluid you need to push. Push too much fluid – you’ll overpressurise the system and hopefully just blow a few seals. Push not enough fluid – you won’t operate the system.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why did bloody SRAM not redesign the stupid button to look and work like that Novy one?.

timmys

Why did bloody SRAM not redesign the stupid button to look and work like that Novy one?.

Because back in the day we had freakish things called front shifters which they needed to work around?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They have done. It’s going to be available first on the new enduro specific Reverb that’s due in 2017 model launch.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Dont forget to consider the fluid type. The lever seals may not be compatible with the reverb fluid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brake lever as Reverb remote?’ is closed to new replies.