Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brake judder – causes????
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Fitted on old Hope Mini to the front of my jump bike, i know it’s not the most powerful brake but it’s really juddery esp under medium pressure before it bites when you pull hard.

I’ve checked all i can think of – caliper,pads,wheel bearings,maxle are all tight and the forks are Pikes so are plenty stiff enough. Discs and pads are clean????

Any help appreciated

ta

Simon

D0NK

You haven’t mentioned headset, you sure it’s tight?
    Also are the forks new or worn? I got a similar problem, thats due to worn bushes.

swisstony
    Free Member

the forks are old but i’ve never had any problems with them before, i did check the headset too and thats ok. When i’m riding along looking down the judder does seem to very localised around the caliper?

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I had same kind of feeling the other week before a race..i shit myself but then realised the main bolts connecting the brakes to the forks were slightly loose !

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As rodders says – check all the mounting bolts. Clean the disc – I prefer to sand it down. I have seen it quoted that disc brake judder is usually caused by an uneven layer of pad material built up on the disc so sand it back to make sure it is not.

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks guys, the bolts are tight but i’ll recheck them all and give the disc a sand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brake judder – causes????’ is closed to new replies.