Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Brake Judder
  • robbo1234biking

My front brake is juddering under braking – any idea how to stop it? They are shimano deore lx with 180mm centre lock rotors…

retro83
    Free Member

pretty hard to say with no clues to go on!

Things to check to start with:

– tightness of centrelock lockring
    – tightness of adapter/mounting bolts
    – contamination of pads
    – tightness of QR/hub bearings
    – tightness of fork bushings

Pook

i’m getting this. Nasty growl from the rear under braking. Like a rusty trombone tuning up.

I think I need fresh pads to be honest as everything else is tight (although the rear tried to jump ship the other day)

coatesy
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with Hope mono minis, and in the course of events i’d changed frame,forks,headset,hub,rotor and caliper (I wasn’t specifically looking for the cause, just upgrading), and still had a judder.In the back of my mind,i’d always suspected the rotor, as the braking surface doesn’t comprise of two concentric circles,more a series of tapers between spokes(just like the Shimano centrelock rotors), so I thought i’d try a set of Shimano XT 6 bolt rotors(which have a concentric brake surface)and all traces of judder disappeared instantly.If you can borrow a wheel fitted with one, it’s certainly worth a go.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

could also be the rotor is slightly warped, or, is cleaner in some areas than in others. give it a good (but uniform) rub with 240 sandpaper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Brake Judder’ is closed to new replies.