Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brake bleeding not going to plan
  • spacemonkey

Bled the front no problems. Rear, however, not having it. No fluid entering the (exit) tube when pulling the lever (with the nipple open of course). Surely there can’t be that much air in there as the brakes were performing fairly well before.

Removed the bleed nipple thinking there might be a blockage – extracted a tiny bit of dirt and then attacked it with an air can. Still no fluid coming through though. Pistons retracted with a block in place.

No matter what I do, the fluid won’t come out nor will the level in the MC will go down.

Have some syringes so might give this a go. Or do I need do something else first?

Ta

martinhutch

If you’ve got a syringe, try to push fluid in through the nipple, and pull it out again. Will at least give you an idea of what’s stopping gravity doing the business.

When you pull the lever, does it go to the bar or pull tight with the pistons against the block?

spacemonkey

Yep, used the syringe method and eventually got it working after having to clean the nipple again. Seems like more dirt had built up than I first thought. Tis amazing how handy an air can is from time to time. Ta

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brake bleeding not going to plan’ is closed to new replies.