Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brake advice. Bolts and adaptors.
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Hi all,

Need advice please…

What post to post adaptor do I want to put a 203mmm rotor on the rear of a bike (yeti)? They’re all advertised as fronts.

I seemed to remember it is +40 but can’t find on anywhere.

Also

Q2)

I’ve just converted the from to 203. The adaptor only came with 2 bolts, these secure the adaptor to the fork but I need to more bolts now to secure my caliper to the adaptor (can’t use the old ones as they are too long and used to go through caliper and adaptor into the fork).

Are they just m6 bolts prob about 20mm long?

In which case screwfix do 50 stainless ones for a fiver, would these be ok with a dab of loctite?

Loathe to pay £2.50 for 2 bolts from an online bike shop.

I don’t have time at min to nip into LBS so need to order stuff online.

nickdavies

Assuming your rear mount is 160mm then you just need another post 203. Front/rear is irrelevant these days. If the disc on there now is 160 with no adapter that’s fine – but rear brake mounts can go from 140-200 as standard depending on frame.
    Yes your fine on the brake bolts, I think normally they are 30mm but 20mm would be fine as I bet there’s not much more thread than that on the adapter.

chilled76
    Free Member

Thanks Nick

Davesport

Chilled, could you not simply cut down the bolts that are too long to the correct length?

D.

nixie

Is your frame postmount rear or IS rear?

chilled76
    Free Member

Davesport…. no they aren’t threaded to the head

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brake advice. Bolts and adaptors.’ is closed to new replies.