Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Braided hose by the metre?
  • anlegov
    Free Member

Oooof! Replacement braided hoses from Hope or Goodridge are expensive. Anyone know where I can buy a few metres of this stuff rather than hand over 50+ GBP for 2 kits from the above?

trickydisco
    Free Member

sorry.. bit of a post hijack.. but what are the benefits to upgraded to braided hoses?

Do you really get better braking performance on a mountain bike?

carlphillips
    Free Member

TD no i couldnt tell any difference at all

looks better though but wont be doing it again

UK-FLATLANDER

Personally I found it slightly better on the back brake with braided hose, but I think the major benefit is the hose is much more robust and almost impossible to kink.

spooky_b329

Its much more flexible. Thats about it 🙂

I only upgraded to it after chaffing through my rear hose, by sourcing the connectors off ebay and hose from CRC it only worked out slightly more expensive than bog standard hoses from Hope. (I had the old 8mm hoses so would have had to buy new 5mm (6mm?) connectors to go with the newer 5mm hose anyway.

CRC sell the hose at £8.99 a metre, order 5 metres – you’ll get a single 5m length.

Potdog
    Free Member

At 8.99 per metre it’s cheaper to buy one of the Goodridge kits as the connectors are 28 quid an end which makes the 32 quid kit seem cheap. Although the Fibrax version seems to be a fair bit better value too. Just no fancy colours to choose from.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Braided hose by the metre?’ is closed to new replies.