Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bradley Wiggins
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Comes across as a bit cool on TV, saw him doing an interview at the Sky Ride in Manchester today and asked him to have a photo with my little girl – what a nice chap, he couldn't have been more friendly. Here it is….

😀

tails
    Free Member

Who's the weirdo in the background? 😆

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Gary Glitter Jr

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Who's the weirdo in the background?

Ha ha! He does look a bit suss, eh?

samuri
    Free Member

Cool. Did he go off and ride round then as well? Or was it too tough for him.

I saw no celebrities at all today, oh, if you don;t count Gemma Atkinson.

My son certainly thought it was her, I'm not convinced though. Despite being very pretty and having a very nice bum, this lady didn't have the ample busom I would normally associate with Gemma.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that Turkish place any good?

flipiddy
    Free Member

Cute! Removed the weirdo for you 🙂

bikemonkey
    Free Member

We saw him milling around – surprised how few people knew who he was (that, or they knew but weren't letting on!)

Bunnyhop

Awww that's lovely Papa.

We wanted to take Finley but after having a late night (pictures watching Toy Story- which I can highly recommend), we decided it would be too much.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Nice pic 🙂

Saw him in Amsterdam for the Giro, was a bit of a prick, wouldnt sign an autograph for a mate and totally ignored a bunch of people supporting Sky.

steve_b77
    Free Member

He was great @ the launch of Team Sky back in January, the day was bloody freezing but he still had time for peoples :mrgreen:

NickScots
    Free Member

He waved at us and said thanks when we clapped him after the Ax 3 Domaine stage, he was descending. So in such a dificult stage he was decent.

Nick

Surfr
    Free Member

Samurai, perhaps it's Becky James, UK Junior Double Gold track winner. She was heading to the Sky Ride today.

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcyclingteam/article/20090810-track-Future-Sprint-Star–Becky-James-0

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've no idea who Gemma is, but doffs hat at samuri's stalker photo technique!

samuri
    Free Member

That's her, I'm glad I didn't challenge her to a race!

Edit: Actually, that does explain the rather large thighs.

project
    Free Member

Just finished reading Brads book, a really excellent read, no big or difficult words, and some nice pictures,he comes over as a truely honest likeable northerer, who rides a bike, he also has some interesting comments about Cav and a few others.

nbt

Well, hello!

Name: Becky James

Date of birth: 29 November, 1991

oh. 😯 Bollocks, I feel old now.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Just finished reading Brads book, a really excellent read, no big or difficult words, and some nice pictures,he comes over as a truely honest likeable northerer, who rides a bike, he also has some interesting comments about Cav and a few others.

Its a very good book, as is Cavs.

What I didnt like about Wiggins was the fact he was giving out love in the book to Garmin and in the press he was too all knowing he was going to Sky.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lovely photo (minus the chap in the background).

thekingisdead
    Free Member

he comes over as a truely honest likeable northerer

that was born in Ghent and grew up in London? 😉

project
    Free Member

Cavs book is the next to read, then Sir Chris Hoys, as fot the Garmin /Sky thing, perhaps it may not have gone through, then he would have burnt his bridges, and lost his free sky subscription.

project
    Free Member

But he doid live oop north for quite a while, so picked up the traits of northerners. 😕

crazy-legs

But he did live oop north for quite a while

He did, he used to turn up at the Preston Crits occasionally (pre Olympics etc although he was already known as a trackie and time triallist). Normally the average speed of the E/1/2 group would be about 25-26mph, if Brad was sat on the front it would be >30mph! One long line of riders all trying to hold his wheel. He'd then sit up with about 5 laps to go and let the 10 or so remaining riders contest the sprint. 🙂

I remember one race with him on the front where I was wishing for a higher gear than 53:12. Didn't go lower than the 14T cog the whole race.

samuri
    Free Member

Date of birth: 29 November, 1991

That's the first thing I checked after she got referred to as a junior.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bradley Wiggins’ is closed to new replies.