Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Bradley Cooper to play Lance Armstrong in a film.
  • zap
    Free Member

Just heard on the Radio Bradley cooper is to play Armstrong in a film called red blooded american. Do I really want to see this, Will it be Lances version of the truth to rebuild his image.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My personal approach is to turn my back on him and ignore everything he does and says from now forth as obscurity will hurt him.
    I wont be watching it to comment on how accurate it is

zap
    Free Member

Just googled it and it appears two film companies are trying to get films going. I have already spent enough of my hard earned money on books, bands, dvd’s etc and more importantly wasted time watching and supporting so will not be lining his pocket in any way.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I want everyone to think bradley cooper is going to be in ot only to turn up and find out it’s Zack Galifinakas in a Bradley Cooper mask.

mt
    Free Member

He still won 7 TdF though on what seems to have been a level playing field for most of the top 10 in those races. It could be a good film, given the impact he has had world wide and you cannot deny he is a complex character. A good script writer could make something of it, though perhaps its all a bit to recent for many people.

camo16
    Free Member

Red Blooded American? Stimulant Blooded American more like.

MSP

He still won 7 TdF though on what seems to have been a level playing field for most of the top 10 in those races.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

You really crack me up.

iolo
    Free Member

Will they change the ending so that he was not proven to be a cheat?

camo16
    Free Member

The script also should have Lance saying ‘muhahahahah’ a lot.

allthegear
    Free Member

Rachel

wwaswas

He already has the perfect lair;

LoCo
    Free Member

Jamie, Austin Powers doctor evil with pinky in mouth and lances head grafted on please…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Holywood will love it – More mutants than an X-men film.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m only going to watch it if Tom Cruise plays Lance.
    Can you imagine how awesome that will be!?
    I know you can.

footflaps

I’m only going to watch it if Tom Cruise plays Lance.

+1

chewkw
    Free Member

I will only watch it if there are robots, futuristic environment, violent, killings, nakid people and starship …

footflaps

and starship

Good call.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5s6V8rQH4[/video]

mt
    Free Member

Sorry MSP. I should have said, won 7 TdFs with more than the top 10 taking something that they should not have been, don’t mean I agree with it. You can take his name from the winners lists but there was no one else in front of him. Sounds as close to a level playing field as you could get at the time. Lance did well considering he did not have a univercity dept looking after his doping, unlike Ulrich and his team. Perhaps we should get rid of the results of all those who worked with Lances coach. 🙂

footflaps

Plus he did invent all those nifty yellow wrist band things that changed the world for the better and that alone must be worth Tom Cruise taking the lead role….

seavers
    Free Member

I like the Tom Cruise idea but might I suggest Rodger the alien from American Dad, Al Pacino or Eric Cartman.

Edukator
    Free Member

The low number of retrotesting EPO positives in 99 show that most of the riders were clean for EPO at least. Lance alone accounted for 1/3 of the EPO positives IIRC.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’m with junkyard.
    First rule of cycling club, dont talk abou LA.
    Second rule of cycling club….
    **** him.

footflaps

But what about all the STWers with ‘I love Lance’ tattooed all over their emaciated cycling chests?

mt
    Free Member

Your right of course educkator for 99, have they retro tested 2000 to see how many were loaded once it was realised that LA did not care what happened in 98? How many of the top 10 in each of the race he won were busted for dopping? Almost all of the them, a couple of notable exceptions.

Still thing given a good bit of writting it could be a good film, especially if they looked at from a David Walsh point of view. He is on the CYCle show now.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A film about an unrepentant cheat. Joy.

seavers
    Free Member

A film about an unrepentant cheat. Joy.

Who’s next….Jack the ripper?!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Cant wait! I wish schwarzeneger is still a bit younger and not a governor, he can play this role

clubber
    Free Member

I reckon that Bradley cooper would be better playing Tyler Hamilton

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is it not a bit soon to be making a film about it? Anyone over the age of 7 has seen him race a tour de france on telly and can remember what happened.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whose Bradley Cooper ??

What about Dame Edna Everage playing the lead??

Marge
    Free Member

He’s already done it? drug enabled “Limitless” 🙂

Kunstler

Meryl Streep not available?

igm

Do it as a comedy and get Russell Brand in.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I would like to see Idris Elba or maybe Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock in the lead role.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Guessing it will be a yank version of Trainspotting?

hora
    Free Member

Will there be a Christian moral message at the end and will Lance find the Enigma machine?

Or will admit to being a Choad?

mt
    Free Member

Lol coolhandluke.

It’s a good subject matter for a film looking at it from many level. It is to soon though. It could be a very interesting documentary once all the main players are old men. I find the whole thing very interesting, especially the polarisation of those of us who are just spectators to the whole thing.

jimster
    Free Member

I hope Tarantino directs it, the blood transfusions will be something else.

footflaps

I think the real story is the upstanding moral kid being corrupted by a nasty sport and forced to compromise his integrity to win the race for the US against the evil cheese eating surrender monkey French and then his struggle to come to terms with the price he paid for his victories.

That price being a $500m retirement fund rather poorly disguised as a cancer awareness charity.

They’re won’t be a dry eye in the house…..

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

The best thing would be to never hear of him again. Any film which doesn’t concentrate on him being a self-serving hypocrite and bully would be wrong.

But it won’t be that – will it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Bradley Cooper to play Lance Armstrong in a film.’ is closed to new replies.