Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bracknell to Aldershot off-road
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Which way would you go? Starting at the Lookout.

rootes1

threw swinley, pop out at the church inbagshot, up over the M3 on that footbridge, up through the high speed offroad test track then via usual porridgepot, tunnel hill etc then wiggle across from mychett.

anjs
    Free Member

There is also a really horrible tunnel under the M3 you could use

theotherjonv

lookout -> crowthorne woods -> Broadmoor -> Sandhurst/Trilakes -> Yateley -> Minley -> Fleet Pond -> Pyestock -> Tweseldown -> Caeser's Camp -> Aldershot

Not saying that's better or worse, but it's another way.

thepurist

Or you could head S at the Lower Star Post, down King's Ride then W on the A30 to take on the Blackwater Valley Path, if you're rad enough to shred the gnarr on that sick trail…

molgrips
    Free Member

High speed off road test track?
    Tunnel?

Where are these things?

rootes1

lookout -> crowthorne woods -> Broadmoor -> Sandhurst/Trilakes -> Yateley -> Minley -> Fleet Pond -> Pyestock -> Tweseldown -> Caeser's Camp -> Aldershot

Not saying that's better or worse, but it's another way.

That would a cool ride

theotherjonv
    rootes1

High speed off road test track?

Clicky Click

There is a bridleway through it as well.

Tunnel?

Clicky Click

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I see the tunnel.

Can you ride on that blackwater valley path?

anjs
    Free Member

yes, well certainly from Sandhurst down to Mychett. There are a few "Steps" to negoitiate along the way.

Jason
    Free Member

I tend to do a big chunk of that route fairly regularly.

For me I normally leave Swinley and head towards the big mast, pop out on Maultway North, and then cross over the roundabout to Maultway and then DERA test track to (or road if I am feeling bored) Red Road. And then it is just a case of Porridge Pot and Tunnel Hill and home for me.

To extend it to Aldershot, nip across Ash Ranges and pick up the canal at Ash Vale, follow that back to Aldershot.

theotherjonv

That would be a cool ride

Both makes a decent day out. From N of Guildford (my house) across Whitmoor common to Pirbright and up onto TH the back way from there. Then TH -> Mytchett -> Canal -> Pyestock etc. to Swinley, then from Swinley -> Barossa -> Old Dean Estate -> American Golf -> Dera -> Porridge Pot -> TH and retrace. 50 miles +/- depending whether you dive down the singletrack or stay focussed on getting A-B with limited road (albeit about 6-8 miles of flat canal)

rootes1

the alternative to the tunnel is this footbridge:

Clicky Click

but using the tunnel allows a more joined up offroad route

molgrips
    Free Member

I was thinking of doing this as a commute.

theotherjonv

you'll be fit come Friday

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bracknell to Aldershot off-road’ is closed to new replies.