Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Brabantia Bins-worth it?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Coming to the end of an ‘enjoyable’ trip to the shops at the weekend we spotted a nice new bin for the kitchen. Looked nice, good size, probably match the decor etc

It was a brabantia 50l touch bin like this: http://www.just-brabantia.co.uk/50-litre-brilliant-steel-brabantia-touch-bin-336447.php

Price was a little less than listed there-£60 plus 30 of their special bin bags!

Anyone have one or got any opinions on them-seems like alot of money for a rubbish bin so they must be good to justify the price tag?

Will

djglover
    Free Member

I have one, they look nice, but so does Debbie McGee.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

would you say it was money well spent then djglover?

sodafarls
    Free Member

I aquired an earlier model ten years or so ago when I worked at Selfridges warehouse. It’s just a bin really, does what bins do. I wouldn’t buy one.

Simon

Got a new one with a slight dent in it from a car boot sale around 6 years ago.
    Lid broke off last year but got a free replacement out of Brabantia, even without a receipt.
    Alright for £20 but not worth RRP or even £60

footflaps

I have one of those and really like it. The open / close mechanism is very nice.

sc-xc

we got a 30l one for about £25 from BHS…it’s ace.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

£60 for a **** bin???? That’s like throwing money in the bin…

Oh, right.

£2 plastic bucket, carrier bag. Bosh. Job done. £60 on a poxy bin, ffs…

mudshark
    Free Member

I was given a brabantia bin for Christmas – keep bread in it.

djglover
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say it does they job any better than a £2 one from wilkinsons, but it looks a damn sight better

colande
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    I have one, they look nice, but so does Debbie McGee.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

😀 haha you cant get debbie out of your head

Oxboy
    Free Member

We bought a Brabantia for about £45,the bags are a rip off, the foot pedal cover fell off and they still stink to high heaven like all other bins!
    I think your basically paying for the badge, something us mtb riders know nothing about mmmph! 🙄

fwokinfwok
    Free Member

Had a couple of them over the years. I’ve moved over to simplehman now. Far superior. Plus, mine’s got a child lock on it to stop junior eating his own turds…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can tell you I bought a bin that looked liked a Brabantia, but it was a lot cheaper, & it broke after about a month.
    I have now had a Brabantia bin for about three years & its still fine, the open/close operation is far superior, & pulling out the full bags is not a 2 man operation.
    Make your own mind up.

takisawa2

We’ve got the pedal action version. **** pants…
    Nah, its not that bad, but I’d not lash that much out on one. Ours was £20.
    I preferred our old plastic Wilko’s one thats now used for nappies.

That reminds me, our Brabantia can opener has knackered. Keep meaning to get the rivet drilled & replaced at work.

footflaps

I get my 50l bags from Sainsburys (own branded) and they are dirt cheap – what’s the rip off?

twosheds
    Free Member

30ltr push lid, 6years old, never let me down. Brabantia are probably at an XT level in terms of quality…..

(didnt think I’d ever write about my kitchen bin…..)

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

I think Vipp are more like the XTR/XO, my £50 Brabantia pedal bin failed ( the catch thing) and another similar priced pedal bin by another failed (the hinge -plastic to metal), since then I’ve always looked at new bins in these areas and they always tend to look pretty weak. Hence i’d say plastic flip top bins cheap and they work, unless you have Vipp money.

dr_death
    Free Member

All brabantia stuff come with a proper lifetime guarantee though so if you knacker it you get a new one. I broke the lid on the one I have the same as that and they sent me a new one gratis.

takisawa2 -send them an e-mail, they should fix/replace it for you.

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve got that one. Its a beauty.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I have pretty much decided that I am going to get a decent bin-be that a Brabantia or Simplehuman.

Now is 30l enough or do I need the 50l?????

Harry_the_Spider

I await the “Show us your bins” thread.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Brabantia Bins-worth it?’ is closed to new replies.